Guest booking marked as NOT POSSIBLE by AirBnb

Answered!
Angela2134
Level 1
Abu Dhabi, AE

Guest booking marked as NOT POSSIBLE by AirBnb

I have a guest inquiry and asked if how old is the building. So I explained to my guest that the buidling is not that old and they can send a relative to check the room. Base on our experience, most of the people booking to us in Manila, Philippines, is sending their relatives to view the unit to make sure it is what is shown in the AIRBNB website. This is the reason why I allow them to check the apartment before finally confirming their booking, to give them the benefit of their doubts. So I pre-approved the booking. After 3 days or so, I saw that the booking comment was NOT POSSIBLE! 

So I lost my 4 days occupancy. What a dissapointment from AIRBNB!!! AirBNB should contact me first before they could decide such a quick decision of cancelling my pre-approved booking.

Room reservation was supposed to be for this coming February 6-9 and check-out on 10th.

1 Best Answer
Wendy684
Level 6
Levin, New Zealand

Pretty sure that is automatic and occurs us either you or the guest have another conflicting booking. So I suspect the guest in this instance merely booked somewhere else and didn't tell you. 

Pre approval is not a confirmed booking. Not until the guest confirms it. 

So how are they checking out the apartment because air bnb does not give out addresses until there is a confirmed booking? Are you offering a refund if they don't like it? 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Wendy684
Level 6
Levin, New Zealand

Pretty sure that is automatic and occurs us either you or the guest have another conflicting booking. So I suspect the guest in this instance merely booked somewhere else and didn't tell you. 

Pre approval is not a confirmed booking. Not until the guest confirms it. 

So how are they checking out the apartment because air bnb does not give out addresses until there is a confirmed booking? Are you offering a refund if they don't like it? 

Wendy684
Level 6
Levin, New Zealand

In short I would question the guest not air bnb. As they clearly booked somewhere else.

Hello

Hi have had two bookings blocked as 'not possible' by airbnb even though my calendar is wide open.