Guest left an actual thank you note

Guest left an actual thank you note

Hi all,

I read the message board often and have received a lot of helpful information on being a better host however I have never started a conversation before with that said I just had to share my joy.

Today when I went in to clean There was an actual store bought thank you note with my name on it. Inside the sweetest sentiment about my hosting style and space.  

What is the sweetest thing a guest has left you?

Ananda

51 Replies 51
Wei-and-Ting0
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

A small bottle of maple syrup from a canadian guest. We also get thank you notes regularly, because we encourage people to leave their feedback on the back of our welcome card. It also help catch any issues so guest don't feel like they need to vent small issues in the review. 

Maria3655
Level 2
Sunderland, United Kingdom

That’s a nice idea can you show me your welcome and please

Leonora14
Level 2
Lafayette, CA

Today I received a beautiful cup with my name engraved on it. I was stunned. 

Once I received a homemade chime  ornament, which I loved. 

Maggie10
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

I have a visitors book which people can write in if they feel like it - most people do - I now have 3 books full of lovely comments.....when guests express their enjoyment  so genuinely, it makes all the routine cleaning and bed making worthwhile!.

Andrés143
Level 2
Ciudad Acuña, Mexico

I had one small note 2 weeks ago, it feel good when guests have this kind of details. 

That's so nice to hear. We're new to hosting and are hoping that we can have pleasant experiences like this. We often hear about the bad guests, but maybe not enough people write about the good ones. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Rina8
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

It is a great feeling when you can make someone's day. A couple who stayed with in one our rental invited us for an evening out at a restaurant for helping create a special itinirary for him and his wife during their anniversay visit to Nashville.  As part of our surprise for his wife, we had roses and balloons ready for them when they arrived. Both were touched.