Guest sick with Covid 19 in my apartment, who pays for extra nights stay when my calendar is blocked off?

Guest sick with Covid 19 in my apartment, who pays for extra nights stay when my calendar is blocked off?

@Airbnb 

As we prepare for future guest booking in October-- I was reviewing AIRBNB policy

" if a guest    suspects they have COVID-19, or they’ve tested positive for it during stay..."

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/your-guest-or-host-may-have-covid-19-now-what-168

1. Your listing will be deactivated, and upcoming reservations will be canceled. You’ll be eligible for cancellation of future reservations without charges under our extenuating circumstances policy. Cancellations under these circumstances won’t have any impact on the 1% cancellation rate needed to maintain Superhost status. Learn more

1. Once it’s safe for your guest to leave your property, we require that your space be thoroughly cleaned in accordance with our latest guidelines. Reach out to our team for more information, and please keep any invoices so that we can review and confirm.

Does anyone know the answer to the following?

Who pays for the lost revenue for the nights my calendar is deactivated?  

Who pays for the cancelled reservations?

These guidelines are very vague, and almost seems as though I would host the guest no charge  due to the pandemic.....Do i need to advise guests to purchase travel insurance? 

Thanks. A

1 Reply 1

@Alex1485 

No one will *pay* (=give money to the host) for lost revenue due to deactivation or cancellations. 

The purpose of travel insurance is mainly to cover the traveler's additional expenses (for accommodations, meals, medical, extra transportation, difference in airfare due to change) due to unforeseen events that happen while traveling. It doesn't cover loss of potential revenue (for the host that the traveler stays with.)

Also, you should note that depending on coverage, a lot of travel insurances no longer include coverage for covid-19 quarantine unless one is diagnosed because it is now considered a "foreseeable" event. 

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/coronavirus-questions/