Guests that don't review

Megan307
Level 3
Vincentia, Australia

Guests that don't review

I have a few questions about reviews. 

1.  Guests that come with no reviews - yet seem to have used AirBnb before? 

2.  Guests that don't put up a public review?  Does my review go on the site anyway?

3.  Guests with no photo id - despite that being a requirement for booking.  I have actually got in touch and asked them to edit their profile?

Cheers

Megan

4 Replies 4
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Megan307 I have similar questions, and my mind defaults to "suss account - watch out".

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. Don’t know what you mean by  ‘seem to have’ please clarify

2. as Airbnb says in its terms if either party leaves a review and the other doesn’t the review will post within 14 days of the guests departure

3. what is the question wasn’t clear?

@Megan307 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

1. I've had several guests whose accounts showed they had been members for a couple of years, yet had no reviews. It all 3 cases, it turned out to be quite innocent- their past hosts hadn't bothered to leave a review, or they joined planning to travel but never had the chance, or their past stays were booked under their partner's account. In all cases, those guests communicated well with me and all turned out to be great guests. 

There's nothing wrong with saying "Hi XX, I'm just curious as to why I see you've been a member for a couple years,. yet have no reviews as a guest."

2. Yes, all reviews go public regardless of whether both parties left a review.

3. Yes, you can ask a guest to please upload an actual face photo, if you have that listed as one of your requirements. But you do realize, I assume, that hosts can't see a guest's profile photo until after a booking is confirmed.

Thank you, your answer and advice was very helpful