Guests

Remus7
Level 1
El Grao de Castellón, Spain

Guests

Hello,

I have an unpleasant experience from my point of view, as an idea makes me sleepless at this hour.
I understand very well the concept of the host and I do everything possible to make the guests feel perfect, without tiring them with my presence, unfortunately these days some people really have no idea what it means to be a guest and what behavior you should have.
I had the displeasure of accepting some guests who booked the property for 2 people.
They asked me to let them check in about 2 hours earlier than the check-in time.
I agreed in the hope that they would appreciate it. They had a problem typing the code to get the key and I had to go personally to help them. Unfortunately, they stayed for 1 hour out of the 2 hours that I promised them that I would allow them to check in in advance.
I apologized for the inconvenience and told them that I would give them an extra hour at check out to make up for it (even though I had no reason to)
Then to notice that they also have a dog that was as tall as me if it stood on two feet, I am 1.98 m. I quickly left the apartment and on the ground floor I noticed two other people who were not my neighbors and they had an air of tourists.
I told myself that I was not interested as long as the price of the property was identical for 4 or two guests. I checked the reservation on the phone left in the car and noticed that they did not reserve the stay for an animal.
I tried to talk to them and of course they were irritated that it was my fault that they didn't see that they didn't know and after they waited for me for an hour they they are entitled to stay with the animal, especially since they saw that the property accepts animals. They sent me a message like, Of course we will pay for the puppy and started putting laughing emoticons. They only told me that they would leave my money on the table at check out.
At that moment I understood that there was no respect and I talked directly with the people from AirBnB.
Very nice people offered to pay the fee for the animal. I would like to point out that the pet fee is a small one, even very small.
Now I have some doubts.
When I chose to accept pets, I thought that small-medium sized animals would come. But from what I saw today, I'm thinking of considering the option without animals.
I am aware that I will lose guests like this.
Now I have all kinds of ideas going through my head, seeing what kind of people they are: don't want to cause damage, don't have parties, smoke in the apartment, or I know what you're doing.
If you can help me with advice from your experience, it would be great!
Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Remus7 

I would look at it this way:

Who is my usual market?

If you usually have international travelers, not accepting pets probably isn't a big deal because taking your dog to another coyuntero is not easy or cheap.

If you are also a vacation spot for locals then not a guarantee but you can set size (usually weight) limits for pets accepted.  I have 2 medium dogs and each though chubby lol is less than 45lbs each.