HELP

HELP

So I booked a trip for my sister's bridal party. I am now unable to be there for check in, but there are several other bridesmaids that are on the guest list who will be there at check in. However, the person who made the booking MUST be there in order to check in. Is there some way around this? Am I able to change or transfer information somehow so that one of the other girl's can check us in? @Airbnb 

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Darla68 has the host said the other named guests cannot check in before you arrive?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Darla68 

Technically, you cannot change a booking from one Airbnb account to another, but have you explained to the host your reasons for not being able to check in? I assume you will still be staying there? If not, then that is a third party booking, which is against Airbnb rules.

I am staying there, but I will be arriving much later than everyone else. Apparently it is a city regulation that the person who books the airbnb must be the one to check in. 

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

There's an option in the reservation form to join named guests who also have an Airbnb profile to the booking.  Add them.  That should give your host sufficient comfort. 

Technically, if it's a House Rule that the lead guest be present at check-in, then the host is entitled to refuse entry.  However, from a host perspective it gets messy.  Even though the guest has clearly breached a House Rule, whilst Airbnb should allow the host to cancel (depending on which CX robot you get), the host will be forced to refund the entire booking fee.

This is terribly unfair on hosts, but certainly works in guests' favour, which is the ONLY thing Airbnb cares about.

Thank you, I will see if this works.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Was it not clear when you booked that you needed to be the one who checks in @Darla68