HOA rules

HOA rules

Hey everyone!

I am trying to rent out a place in Fort Walton, Florida. I am currently 20 years old turning 21 in December. The person I am trying to rent from is saying I have to be alteast 21 to rent this place according to HOA rules. I was wondering if this was allowed or if there is a way to get around this. I really just want to have a nice relaxing get away with my girlfriend. I wasn't planning on partying or anything like that. I would really appreciate some help!

Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Hunter85  What do you mean, "a way to get around it?" You can't do something a host or their HOA doesn't allow. Yes, many HOAs and resorts have an age minimum. Hosts cannot contravene them or they would get shut down. 

There are plenty of listings that are not governed by HOAs. You just have to look for one that doesn't state an age minimum in their House Rules.

And as a young, new to the platform guest with no reviews yet, you are not going to have an easy time getting a booking accepted in general if you don't upload verified ID and write up a little bio profile. Hosts like to see that a guest has made a bit of effort to give some information about themselves and have verified ID.