Has anyone else's Superhost travel rewards vanished?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Has anyone else's Superhost travel rewards vanished?

I jut wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

I was awarded a Superhost coupon last year, which I thought was due to expire at the end of this month, so I went online to use it, but it was nowhere to be seen. It had definitely been there before, but is no longer on the list.

The reward I got very recently for the past year's Superhost status is not showing there either.

I got emails from Airbnb about both of these, but the links now just take you to the same page, where the coupons are not showing.

All previous coupons, whether expired or redeemed are listed, so even if the first one I mentioned had already expired, it should be showing also. The most recent one should definitely still be valid.

I contacted Airbnb CS and was repeatedly asked for the coupon codes, which obviously I don't have because the coupons have vanished! I was told without the codes, it was unlikely they could help me but that they are sorry it happened and would try to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Erm, so that means I lose $200 in travel credit because of an Airbnb technical glitch and it's just tough luck?

35 Replies 35
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

PS the CS rep I was dealing with (via online chat) was polite and friendly, but offered no solution and actually just stopped responding on the thread without closing it. It's pretty standard for any customer services online chat representative to ask you if it's okay to close the thread or if there is anything else they can help you with. Seems like she just decided to go off and have a cup  of tea instead!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Huma0 

I am in the same boat. I thought my coupon expired July 31, 2020 since I had gotten it last July. I realized in mid-June that it actually expired on June 30 so I used it right away. I was expecting a new $100 coupon this July as I have been a super host for a year again but the congratulation e-mail said I would get the travel credit next quarter (October) if I kept up the status. I'm not sure how the system is figuring this one out.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Huma0@Emilia42,

On July 3, I received the follwoign message from Airbnb, which stated they enhanced my coupon.  I know other hosts received similar messages, because there was a CC about it the following day.  Maybe there was a glitch, and Airbnb didn't properly replace your coupons with new ones.

Debra300_0-1595021829826.png

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

@Debra300 

Stephanie did post and update here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Superhost-coupon-has-been-upgraded-newly-issued-with-dat...

My expired since it was issued in July 2019. I am guessing that @Huma0  (and possibly @Anonymous) thought it would expire on July 31 (as I did) but in fact it expired on June 30 😞

July 2019 issuance --> Coupons will expire
Oct 2019 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Jan 2020 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Apr 2020 issuance --> Expire Apr 1 2021

@Emilia42  The one I meant was the most recent arrival, expiring July 1 2021.

@Anonymous Yeah that is the weird part. I didn't get the most recent one either. The e-mail said it would come in October .. ??

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42the first coupon I am talking about was from July 2019 issuance and, like you, from what I remember, it was supposed to expire end of July 2020. Perhaps that was wrong and it did actually expire end of June, but then it should still appear as an expired coupon, not disappear completely from the menu. That also doesn't explain the disappearance of the most recently applied coupon.

I think you are probably right, in that applying the extensions to the other coupons has created some kind of technical glitch.

What I am most dissatisfied with, however, is the response from Airbnb CS, which was basically, "Oh sorry about that. We will try to make sure it doesn't happen to other people, but we'll do nothing about your lost credit. Bye!"

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Debra300  but I double checked this already and I have not received any emails about coupons being extended and having new codes. The CS rep I spoke to also did not suggest this. She had no idea where my coupons had gone, but told me that without the codes, she could do nothing.

@Huma0 Mine has also disappeared from the Payments & Payouts menu, but I have the coupon code in the email titled "Here's your Superhost bonus." I haven't attempted to place a booking lately, so I don't know whether it's functional.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anonymous 

There don't seem to be any coupon codes in the emails that I got, but maybe I am missing something. Could you let me know roughly where in the email this occurs?

@Huma0  The CC is glitchy today so I can't seem to load a screenshot, but the text appears in my email as follows:

Congrats, -----! Your $100 coupon is ready to use.
To apply your coupon on a home or experience reservation, including our new online experiences:
  • When entering your payment info on the checkout page, click Enter a coupon below your payment method
  • Enter your coupon code
  • Click Apply
Coupons expire 1 year after they're granted. Your coupon was granted July 1, 2020, so that means you have until July 1, 2021 to use it.

Coupons must be used on a single reservation, and only you can use it—it can't be redeemed by friends or family. We hope you'll use it to treat yourself!
Your coupon code:xxxxxxxx
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Anonymous . Ok this is a completely different email to the ones I received. Did you get this email after trying to activate that coupon because I just get a general one telling me I have earned Superhost status again for one year and a link to click on the rewards. When I go to the link, there are a number of things listed, including the travel coupon. When you click on that link, it takes you to the page where your coupons are listed, but the coupons are actually not there anymore.

@Huma0 If I remember correctly, I first got an email directing me to a page to "select" my Superhost reward. But when I went to this page, the travel credit was the only option. So I clicked it, and got the above email automatically.

I'm wondering if maybe the reward expires if you don't claim it... Even when it's the only option. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anonymous 

Yes, I had the some thing, i.e. an email to select my reward with a link to that page. The travel credit was showing. However, it has now disappeared.

The credit is supposed to be valid for one year and, from what I remember, the first one was valid until end of July, but I could be wrong. If it had expired, it is then supposed to show in the list on that page as an expired coupon (as previous ones are showing as either redeemed or expired), but it just isn't there at all, hence no code.

The second one was awarded just earlier this month but is not there either. It should be valid for a year, not disappear because you don't claim it within a week!

All I can put this down to is some sort of technical glitch which the CS rep I spoke to is not aware of. I am just put out that, rather than saying they would find out what the problem is and try to solve it, I was just told there is nothing they can do if I don't provide them with the codes that I have no access to. Not a very satisfactory answer. She didn't open any case, so I can't even follow that up. Guess I will just have to contact Airbnb afresh.