Have we entered a ‘police’ state!

Answered!
David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Have we entered a ‘police’ state!

So disturbed & outraged that Airbnb have excluded my dear friend  @susan17 from this community!

Susan is a real. Susan was here from the beginning. She is a SuperHost with most amazing reviews. Reviews of the kind  we only could dream of. Guests all rave about her hospitality. She will arrange a taxi to go buy ANY THING YOU WANT. Guests on a weekend away, want her kind of hosting. 

Susan is my friend. When my apartment was trashed by a party crowd and they threatened to kill me. They caused £12,000 damage. Yes I involved the police. But Susan reached out EVERY DAY to ensure I was ok! She is most amazing asset to this community! She cares about people! She cares even more about hosts! 

I am disgusted that Susan has been excluded. This CC is turning into a police state.

No! Hosts need an outlet to express their frustration. Who are you admins to state a post is ‘negative’!

How dare you exclude a host who supported so many of us!!! Outraged! Absolutely disgusting you could turn against one of the most supportive hosts out there ! Total disgust that you hung @Susan17  out to dry!!! 

Top Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I wanted to come back to you on our decision to restrict Susan's access to the Community Centre.

As mentioned in several topics elsewhere, the decision was the result of repeated breaches of the Community and Content Guidelines over the last 12 months.

We have been working and talking with Susan for a long time now both publicly and privately to resolve this, however it could no longer continue. Being completely honest with you, this was a really hard decision to make, one we really hoped it wouldn't come to.  

We have enjoyed many conversations with Susan over the past few years and she is a very knowledgeable host, but, the way we act here has to benefit the overall health of the community we are all part of and unfortunately her contributions were no longer constructive. 

I'm pleased to say that it's a very rare thing to happen in the CC, and as you can imagine it's certainly not nice for us Community Managers either. 

This is everything I have to say on this, so I do hope it is helpful. Please feel free to contact me via CC DM or any of the Community Managers here. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

P.S - I hope you don't mind @David6 I've moved this discussion to the Help Board in the CC–all comments remain. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

158 Replies 158
David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This thread for example was ‘moved.’ Other threads have been closed as moderators have deemed the ‘conversation’ has reached  its conclusion. With all due respect, but if hosts wish to continue to discuss a topic surely it should be ‘permitted?’ Look it makes no difference to me. I no longer post. But this is one of the reasons I no longer participate.

But I would like to know, why this thread has a post by a moderator,  marked as ‘accepted solution’ because I can assure you - for many of us -  the banning of susan17 is not an ‘accepted solution’ by any means.

Garrett48
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Susan17 would love to know, why is her "colourful" language deemed to be so offensive that it precipitates a ban from the CC, while it's perfectly acceptable for Brian Chesky to address his employees in the manner above, both privately in internal communication and publicly on Twitter? 

**[Image removed in line with the CC Guidelines] 

@Stephanie 

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Don’t forget it was her apparent ‘negativity’. One thing about susan17 - she’s a glass 3/4 kind of person. She is always looking for solutions. Those of us lucky enough to get to know her,  couldn’t ask for a more supportive person on our side.

Airbnb has turned into an extremely negative experience for some of us. Many have lost £thousands due to Airbnb policies. Now we have to keep quiet - or we too will be banned. Airbnb has taken a stand & stamped its feet like a brat child. It’s a total joke. I refuse to be part of it. I’ll take my ‘discussions’ to other platforms. 

Susan17 was posting here for FIVE YEARS!!!! And gets discarded like a soiled sheet one of our guests have  damaged. Sickening! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Garrett48,

You will see I have removed the image from your post. Whatever the context, we do have have to remove any swear words in the Community Center. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Using the sad situation that has happened to Susan to spam the forum to promote the platform you are associated with ....that really is the lowest of the low @Frederic54.

Hope no-one reading this clicks on or uses your website. Go away!

**[Inappropriate content removed - Community Center Guidelines]

@Frederic54 

Not cool, man. Certainly not LOL worthy. @Helen3 is a longstanding and helpful member of these forums.

You've advertised this website all over the place in the last few days. Surely those who are interested have clicked by now. Isn't your work here done yet?

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You actually have no ‘right’ to spam the CC & insult fellow hosts. Reported. Suggest other hosts report too 

@Frederic54  If you do not benefit in any way from this site you post the link to, then I suggest you stop posting it all over the forum on multiple threads- it's spammy, troll-like behavior and makes your motives suspect.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your hypocrisy is overwhelming. @Frederic54 

Every single post you have made on this forum (which you joined in the last few days ) is purely to drop spam links to the website you are affiliated with.

And you have the gaul to talk about me having bad energy and talking nonsense 🙂 

How sad that you have joined our community not to contribute and help your fellow hosts and guests but just as an opportunity to advertise a third party site.

And yet Airbnb lets you, with your rudeness to your fellow hosts and your spammy posts stay, while banning @susan17 who has been such an amazing asset and help to so many......unbelievable.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Frederic54 Something for nothing screams SCAM to me. I just can't see what it is yet........

Anyway, do us all a favour and just stop posting your adverts o this site.

Interesting Bully tactic to remove content aimed at educating members and that were in no way despite the angry mob meant to make a $ on a free service. The bullies think they Can rule the world but in the end they always loose. To Freedom and progress!

Alba160
Level 10
Berkeley, CA