Hello! Guest requesting a refund.

Deann216
Level 2
Gatineau, Canada

Hello! Guest requesting a refund.

Hello, 

I had a guest cancel her reservation, quite suddenly after staying for only three nights. There was no reason given prior to the cancellation, the only issue I was aware of was I had refused  to add an additional lock to our door ( the door is in perfect working condition and has a deadbolt.) After she cancelled,  almost a week later, I get a message with her requesting a full refund because she didn't feel safe in the apartment, she claims my neighbors slashed her tires and she complained that I used the apartment for storage ( I store our airconditioners there in the winter) I am willing to give her a refund ( she was supposed to stay for two months so I understand it's alot of money. Our cancellation policy is moderate, so it's only supposed to be 50%.

My questions are;

She only stayed 3 night at $73/night

Do I add cleaning fee to that?

Do I add any service fees to that??

Thank you !! 

3 Replies 3
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Deann216 It’s entirely up to you. I personally would include the cleaning fee for sure and charge for as many nights as you estimate her reservation cost you in missing other bookings.

@Deann216 Also, any AC storage should be disclosed in your listing description/amenity limitations. And if it’s possible your neighbors actually slashed her tires you have a bigger problem.

Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@Deann216 @Charge her for the nights she stayed and the cleaning for sure. Tell her to contact support to cancel and request the refund. Customer support will phone you to verify the amount you want to refund. I remember your question about this guest previously and I think it’s best to let her go without hassle.