Help

Janette90
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Help

Catherine, hi!

my husband Mark is in the hospital; and I decided to try booking an AirBnB against hope, meaning my phone is a flip-top and my iPod doesn’t run MacIS 13.

I DID manage to book, letting the host know to text me at my flip top (sorry _ I used letters, not numbers) and I gave him my husband’s contact. That said ...

The hospital gave me a free taxi voucher to go home, an hour away. I must use or lose it by 4:30 and told the host (the taxis stop this service altogether at 5:30pm, the witching hour.

So, I am fingers crossed. The only reason I am willing to pay the $189 is it is my birthday month! A large treat for me.

this is the 3rd stay this month for my husband who thinks I won’t have him one more year. Hope not ... but it is metastatic prostate cancer. So. I am really hoping. We shall see iff Brandon accepts. But if not, I surely do not want a punitive financial outcome.

please contact me if you can and advise: Nervous in Seattle

**Personal information hidden

5 Replies 5
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Is this intended as a personal post for Catherine?  Or can any of us Hosts here in the Community (where your post has arrived) help in any way?

So sorry to hear about your husband's ill health.

With my same-day (same-afternoon, actually) attempt, I saw Catherine’s post under help topics and would have taken instruction from anyone. It’s been a while since using the app, and I leaned on my partner’s iPhone on our travels. Worth a try! The reservation did go through, short of I’d verification (see below). Thank you for your sentiments.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Janette90  Sorry about your husband, but what you are asking isn't at all clear.

If you book a place and can't get there because of transportation issues ( if my guess as to your question is correct), that isn't the host's responsibility- you are always subject to the cancellation policy of the listing. A host can choose to refund if they want, but they are by no means obligated to.

This was not a transportation issue. I was attempting to work around low tech: with a flip top phone and an iPod that isn’t memory-capable of running Mac OS 13, I was trying to book a same day A-BnB. As it turned out, everything went well except the site accepting my driver’s license picture; it wouldn’t and blocked the host from accepting the booking.

Frustrating. I have ended up back home & an hour away, with the low technology.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

So can you clarify @Janette90  what your question is? What help are you looking for?

From what you say it sounds like the issue was with your technology not allowing you to upload ID so you couldn't make a booking.

Hopefully you will be either to upgrade or use someone else's laptop or phone so this isn't an issue for you going forward.

All the best to you and your husband during this difficult time.