Host Cancelled 1 Day Before Reservation for July 4th

Answered!
Caroline2145
Level 2
Boston, MA

Host Cancelled 1 Day Before Reservation for July 4th

Host cancelled for week of July 4th. Place I booked was $300/night months ago and now places within 30 miles are $1000/night. Airbnb is offering no help. They keep saying that another team is looking into it. Clearly, they are not going to find me another place and pay the difference and expect to profit off the cancellation. They are only offering a $500 credit but still charging $500 for a service fee!! 

Be very careful with Airbnb now that they are in financial trouble. We are already in town for this trip and have no where to stay bc of Airbnb. It is going to cost us thousands and Airbnb couldnt care less. Going back to VRBO.

1 Best Answer

Yes, they will book you in whatever is available regardless of the extra cost and will cover it. Airbnb cancels and wants you to pay them more money for a place to stay. It's a bait and switch scheme.

2 Replies 2

@Caroline2145  I don't know if it has anything to do with finances - Airbnb has never been good at re-housing guests when hosts cancel. Is VRBO known for being more generous in these situations?

Yes, they will book you in whatever is available regardless of the extra cost and will cover it. Airbnb cancels and wants you to pay them more money for a place to stay. It's a bait and switch scheme.