Host review

Host review

I had my first Airbnb stay with a host who has over 400 units anyway I got an email asking me for my review the email reads as follow:

Hi Adrienne,

We truly enjoyed having you and submitted a 5-star review of your traveler profile a few days ago. If you would like to show us some love in return, we’d really appreciate hearing from you - in the form of a review! Additionally, if there was anything that we could have done differently to make your stay more enjoyable - please let us know we’ll be right on it!

I do not see the review which I would think that it will be under host review, is it possible they haven’t done a review yet unlike what they stated? When a review comes in from my guests before I get a chance to review them I will get a email letting me know that (guest)has left a review and for me to do one on them which I never received from the host in question.

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Adrienne174 As far as I know, both parties should get a notice that the other has left a review.

I'm not sure what you mean, that you don't see the review the host left- until both parties leave a review, or 14 days pass, you won't see the review the host left for you. 

Under your inbox Airbnb messages, you'd probably have to switch to "travelling" messages from hosting messages to see the review notification?

Personally, I think it's kind of tacky for the host to tell you he's given you a 5* review. How does that strike you?

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Adrienne174 

By the fact that you stated the host has 400 units,  I'm wondering if that is an automated message?

@M199  Oh, I'm quite sure it's a message sent to all their guests.