Hosting Ukrainian Refugees

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

Hosting Ukrainian Refugees

Is there any way to communicate through our community that I’d like to offer shelter to any Ukrainian citizens who have been forced to flee their home?

I’m not sure if AirBnB has a process where we can register? I think they’ve done it previously for other things, which is why I’m asking.

Even if AirBnB doesn’t have a process, if anyone wants to contact me, I’ll do what I can. No cost to the guests, I just want to do _something_ to help if I can.

19 Replies 19
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Matt682  Good on ya, man. It's called the Open Homes program, so you can look for that. I don't know if they have anything set up currently as far as Ukrainian refugees, as they did for the Afghanis. 

Matt682
Level 9

Thanks @Sarah977 I think I’ve managed to sign up!

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

airbnb.org is the website. You can list your place there, but I don't know how this thing works. I've never used it.

Donata12
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb.org. You can sign up and if your calendar is open and there are requests they will contact you.

Ruud28
Level 1
St.-Jacobiparochie, Netherlands

We also have an accommodation in the Netherlands available for free for a mother and a child from the Ukraine. And we also can pick you up. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, 

We have launched support for Ukrainian refugees on Airbnb.org, you can find all the info over in @Catherine-Powell 's recent post here:

How you can help refugees fleeing Ukraine

And a huge thank you for your incredible generosity!

Thanks,

Stephanie

@Matt682 @Ruud28 @Donata12 @Dimitar27 @Sarah977 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Matt682
Level 9

Thanks, I’ve signed up so hopefully it works

Hello, there are Ukrainians that would wanted to get a help with home in another country ! Can we contact with you? Which way is comfortable for you? 

Matt682
Level 9

You can contact me via the platform. Viewing my profile will allow you to message me.

alternatively, you can go through AirBnB.org as I should be registered there now 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sadly as the UK continues to expect those from Ukraine to apply for a visa to come here, there are only a very limited number of Ukrainians eligible to come to the UK @Matt682 .

If you want to help local refugees with housing I would contact your local refugee charity and register with them. They carefully vet refugees and those offering accommodation to ensure there is a good fit.

Matt682
Level 9

@Helen3 Yes, I agree our government could be doing more, and hopefully they will be doing that soon. I figure that even helping seasonal workers extend their stay though, or helping those with connections here arrive or stay for longer is still better than nothing.

Also, the more people who are eligible to stay here that do (because they chose to based on having somewhere warm and safe), allows other countries with less strict requirements to take more; overall a net gain for our Ukrainian friends.

So far, the UA refugees are trying to reach the nearby countries, because they are closer and the language barrier is relatively low. The bad news it that their ability to accept and accommodate refugees is limited. Very limited. 30-35 000 are already here. Still nothing serious, but when the number becomes 100-200 000, it will be a disaster for both sides.

Sarah4430
Level 2
Onsdorf, Germany

I'm in Germany and also would love to help by hosting these poor people

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah4430, great to hear you'd like to do that! You can find more information on how to proceed and register to Host via Airbnb.org here🙂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines