Hosting

Yajahira0
Level 2
Riverside, CA

Hosting

I'm already two months behind on my mortgage. No income coming in whatsoever since I cannot go to work so I tried hosting a guest. She was an essential worker since the city of Riverside only allows us to rent out to them, as soon as I heard her coughing in her room I immediately went and locked myself in my room and stayed until her stay was over and only went out if it was absolutely necessary. Is this going to be my new Norm just so I could get some money in my bank account. Are you any of you experiencing the same or am I overreacting?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Yajahira0  No, you aren't over reacting and in fact, although I understand that you need the money, you shouldn't be hosting a shared-home listing at all right now, not even to essential workers. Whether someone is coughing or not is immaterial- the majority of people who are infected with the virus are asymptomatic, or have extremely mild symptoms. But they can easily infect others.

Try to come up with other ways of making money and stay safe.

@Yajahira0 

Unfortunately..... I think there are many people in a similar predicament (all around the world) due to not being able to go to work or being put on unpaid leave. I agree with @Sarah977 .... you are not overreacting and no matter how badly you need the money you really shouldn't be hosting ANY guest in your home right now. 

Maybe you could look into unemployment benefits (if you are eligible), emergency financial aid, any sort of remote-work gig or something with minimal/limited contact with other people, even if it's temporary? Stay safe~