House Fire

Marsha-And-Bill0
Level 2
California, United States

House Fire

@Catherine-Powell   Hi Catherine, 

My name is Marsha Beezley.  I am writing to you to hopefully get answers to my problem.  Months ago a house I manage was caught on fire by a guest.  It has been a painful and frustrating process to get someone from Airbnb to take this seriously and contact me.  I only get answers like: We have escalated it and someone will be contacting you.  I received an email but it got closed out because I didn't respond fast enough.  I requested a phone call, not an email so I was not expecting it.  Then I had someone tell me to open a claim and when I tried to do that, the amount of money I'm requesting is over the cap that is set by Airbnb on the resolution center. This is absolutely crazy!!  Please have someone call me in regard to this matter asap.  I'm stuck and cannot continue with no direction from Airbnb on what to do next!!  In big situations like this house fire, Airbnb should have a special number to call to get faster help and direction on what to do.  How do you expect me to put in a claim on the resolution center when it has a cap on the amount of money you can request? Fire damage is very costly.  The guest was **

**Sensitive information removed

17 Replies 17

Hi @Megan822 

If you want the other people in the post to see yours, you have to add @  + their name for them to get a notification.

just like I did in the beginning on my message to you, here above 

Annie

@Marsha-And-Bill0  did you ever get your fire resolved with Airbnb? We had a house fire at our property about two weeks ago, and it has not been easy communicating with Air B&B. Just wondering if you have any advice. @Michael627  I would love to get in touch with you as well. I have tried calling the number listed on your page, but no one has answered. Please let me know if you have another way to reach you.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Heather1604 

Sorry to hear that you've had a house fire.  I can only imagine what a difficult time you'll have had trying to get things sorted out.

What's the current situation with your discussions with Airbnb?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines