How do you connect with parties that inquire to book when you (host) cannot be available to respond for 2, 3, 4 days...? Host going out of town?

Sally550
Level 2
Chico, CA

How do you connect with parties that inquire to book when you (host) cannot be available to respond for 2, 3, 4 days...? Host going out of town?

I don't have portable/laptop computer or other new devices for connecting/responding when away from home.

Is there a way to use someone else's computer ... where I am visiting to respond to inquiries in a timely fashion?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sally550 you can login to Airbnb from any computer. Perhaps you need a co-host if you are often unavailable.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sally550  You can log into your account from any device anywhere. But if you aren't going to be available to answer guests in a timely fashion, you can snooze your listing, which means it won't appear in search, so no one can see it or book it. Then let your already booked huests know that you won't be available to answer any messages until XX, but not to worry, you'll answer as soon as you get back.

You don't use a smart phone at all?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have two private room listings in your home where you are usually residing during bookings.  However, there are times in which you are not at the home and potentially two unrelated parties are staying in your home.  Is this right?  While you have many positive reviews for both listings which probably reflects your good hosting and communication with guests, I think it might be unwise to have guests unattended in your home.  Just my cautious opinion.