How much have you made managing/co-hosting Airbnb?

How much have you made managing/co-hosting Airbnb?

I'm starting a small short-term rental management firm of my own after hearing my mother complain about how time-consuming it is to manage her properties. I figured that this might be a need for other hosts in the area. I've created my website and created social media pages to launch. I know there are large corporate management firms like Evolve.com, but I'm hearing that there's a lot of issue with their services not being personalized enough.

I want to provide absolute 5-star service for my hosts, but is it profitable? I was thinking of charging from 15-25% + Cleaning fee. Its a lot of moving parts to the business like cleaners, handymen, and emergencies. For co-hosts or property managers, has financially made sense for you to manage 1 or more properties? Or was it too time-consuming?

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Most hosts want co-hosts who understand the different platforms well, understand how to market listings and how to manage guests, cleaners and trades people ie they are looking for highly experienced hosts to act as co-hosts.

What experience do you have as a host @Amber623 ?

No-one can answer how profitable it might be for you as it will depend on what demand might be for your services, what sort of properties you take on and how well you market your STR management company etc.  What research have you done into your competitors and what sort of advertising you need to invest in to reach hosts you have identified as your target market?

For me it has been profitable.