How would you write this review?

Megan913
Level 2
Truro, Canada

How would you write this review?

One of my recently checked-out guests (2) was great with communicating their plans with me as well. However, they informed me that they were unable to find a dishcloth to do dishes (I leave one by the oven as well as extra in a drawer next to the kitchen sink and a refillable dish wand in the sink), so they used and stained a few of our facecloths. Also, they broke some glass and discarded it in our garbage mixed with food discards and recycles. It is part of our house rules to follow sorting instructions, which I have posted on our fridge door) and I wasn’t informed that broken glass was placed in there. Cooked lobster shells were also a part of that mixture, which did leave an unpleasant smell, but I luckily have a day blocked between stays and was able to get the smell out before the next reservation.

Any recommendations on how I should review this guest or what start rating you’d give?

2 Replies 2

@Megan913  "These guests were friendly and great with communicating their plans, but I wish I'd been able to get more of their attention onto my posted kitchen instructions."

The specific details of what they ate and broke would be inappropriate, but future hosts should be informed that these guests are a bit lackadaisical in holiday mode. 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Megan913 I think these are very minor issues and I wouldn't mention them at all. I would just give a 4 for following house rules.