I'd like to book a AirBNB on behalf of a Ukrainian person but it is not possible.

Nicolas1523
Level 2
Royan, France

I'd like to book a AirBNB on behalf of a Ukrainian person but it is not possible.

It is now the 26th of March 2022. I work online as a webmaster and from time to time, I hire an Ukrainian lady who lives in Kiev right now. My subcontractor needs a good internet connection. If she moves out, she must be able to work. She didn't leave kiev and kept on working this month. Her work helps her to stay away from anxiety crisis. 

I wish I could help her and rent a AirBNB in West Europe for the next 3 months. It is sad that AirBNB has not done anything. I can see on AirBNB there are plenty of empty Airbnb in Poland, Romania, Slovakia. 

It is a shame that airBNB terms ban people from renting AirBNB on behalf of Ukrainian victims. 

2 Replies 2
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Nicolas1523  .. I assume you are referring to ‘Third Party’ reservations.  I understand under some circumstances, if all the the guests ID etc is provided and the Host is happy to accept then it is possible.  You could perhaps make a few enquiries at suitable locations, speak to the hosts and see if they would be happy with this.  Alternatively, perhaps your subcontractor could contact Airbnb.org to see if they can help.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nicolas1523  "It is a shame that airBNB terms ban people from renting AirBNB on behalf of Ukrainian victims. "

It isn't specific to Ukranians- third party bookings are against Airbnb policy- the person who books has to be among the guests who stay.

There is no reason why this woman can't open an Airbnb account in her own name and book something for herself. You can help her set it up if she requires that, and give her the $ to pay for it if that's what you want to do.