I deactivated my account but now impossible to sign in or call Airbnb

Answered!

I deactivated my account but now impossible to sign in or call Airbnb

Hello

Shortly after posting a review about the bad place I stayed at and literally ran away from, I deactivated my account to not hear from them or Airbnb again, being very stressed (receiving text messages from the host..).

I realise soon that it would be better to delete the review as they will keep harassing me.

Here the Odyssey of Madness  starts:

- log in impossible, password and phone number not recognised -> please call Airbnb

- I call, but phone number not recognised.  I choose a different option to try and get through but then it asks me for my reservation date: ahah, the reservation is past/completed, I am immediately disconnected.

- I want to chat with Airbnb online, I need an account so I sign in , creating a new account but hey, 6 different assistants each telling me the same "please try calling us or logging in your old account, I am terribly sorry".

Is there anything that can be done? I can asking them to call me, they say they cannot.

Maddening, I surely will never use Airbnb again.

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cecile233 

If you deactivated your account, you need to contact Airbnb to activate it again.

And then the trouble starts, as contacting Airbnb these days is a challenge !

Ways to contact Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Regading account:

Did you try:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

- choose " i do not need help with a reservation"

- choose topic "My Airbb account"

- choose "access"

- choose "it's something else"

Then sent a message

BTW

If the host is harassing you, you can report the host to Airbnb (via link on the profile)

Same for incorrect listing or inappropriate messages.

But you need your primary account to do this...

I guess your review is not violating Airbnb terms, otherwise they would have removed it already.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10

@Cecile233 

If you deactivated your account, you need to contact Airbnb to activate it again.

And then the trouble starts, as contacting Airbnb these days is a challenge !

Ways to contact Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Regading account:

Did you try:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

- choose " i do not need help with a reservation"

- choose topic "My Airbb account"

- choose "access"

- choose "it's something else"

Then sent a message

BTW

If the host is harassing you, you can report the host to Airbnb (via link on the profile)

Same for incorrect listing or inappropriate messages.

But you need your primary account to do this...

I guess your review is not violating Airbnb terms, otherwise they would have removed it already.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Thanks a lot, I blocked her and her family's phone numbers so no more harassment. Yes I would love to report her and the incorrect listing but I have a new account not linked to my previous booking! This is maddening.

And contacting them like you said ends up in them saying : please contact us from your old account. Well if I could I wouldn't need to try contacting them!

Emiel1
Level 10

@Cecile233 

Sorry to hear you still did not manage to contact them. The system probably can see you have another account, probably by stored cookies, bowserhistory or maybe by using same phonenrs, emailadress etc..

You could try same procedure by using the website (laptop, computer), start with clean browser (no Airbnb history, no Airbnb cookies) and a fresh login, preferable not using excisting facebook or google accounts.

Best regards,

Emiel

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Cecile233 I would say you shot yourself in the foot by deleting your account. You should have blocked and reported the host to Airbnb. Now, unfortunately, it is going to be twice as hard to take any action since you know longer have an account with a reservation tied to it.

yep... I think so< The first agent tried to call me, I missed her call, then the following 5 agents say they cannot call me nor anyone else. Calling me would resolve everything as they say it i the only way to verify my account..