I feel disapointed with Airbnb

Eduardo541
Level 2
Oeiras, Portugal

I feel disapointed with Airbnb

I always used AIRBNB as the only plattform for my business, but this year I feel that AIRBNB hasn't help its hosts, I see that they are having less searchs in the Internet and im not very sure if they are advertising our properties properly...so I think that after this summer will be goodbye AIRBNB cause you are letting us all down, but this is my opinion.

1 Reply 1

@Eduardo541   A few weeks ago, Airbnb announced that it was suspending its marketing operations for this year in order to save $800 million. A bit later they also announced that they were laying off 25% of their staff. Of course this was the result of the pandemic and the heavy losses from hundreds of thousands of cancellations. 

It may be the case that the absence of conventional advertising is partly responsible for the disappointing state of business for hosts, but the travel industry on the whole is just beginning to recover, and it may be awhile before you start to see page views and booking requests get back up to your numbers from previous years. The big trend that has been reported - including from Airbnb's own press releases - is that more people are choosing domestic destinations closer to home over international/air travel. So with that in mind, you might try to think of ways to target the Portuguese market more directly using your familiarity with the local culture.