I had a shady host

Peter3455
Level 1
Santa Ana, CA

I had a shady host

I have a host trying to claim I escalated the situation with a neighbor when I literally asked the host to tell the neighbor to be quiet and he refused to do anything but tell me to intervene and have a confrontation which I refused to have. The host has left reviews full of lies saying that I eescalated the situation and caused problems, I literally did nothing of the nature I sat inside the house pissed off he refused to have any accountability or do anything about it.

in the review warns people about me to question me before staying somewhere, dude is absolutely a narcissist. He Refuses at all to even admit the situation. His reviews and bs, ive responded back to his review calling him out but air bnb does nothing it just sides with hosts. Until another costa rica situation happens then they care, or a shooting in oakland which is literally where i was… and this POS host dale tells me to to knock on some random peoples door at 10:30 pm to tell them to be quiet? Why are you a host? Self check in, guy did zero. 

5 Replies 5
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Peter3455 

Sorry to hear about  your experience.

The host should be responsible to the incident. Do you have the footage?
it’s essential to recording the event and share with Airbnb representative to further investigate and determine the incident.   

I have since deleted them they were only 30 second videos of literally a black screen it was the middle of the night all the lights were off TV was off and it was just banging and incessant noise. What’s more important than the video is the refusal of Airbnb representatives to even read our correspondence. 

In the correspondence the horrible host tells me to put myself in a threatening and dangerous situation by literally going to his random stranger neighbors knocking on their door at 10:30 PM and confronting them. I absolutely refuse to put myself in this dangerous situation with strangers and I told him this he offered nothing else to remedy the situation. However in my review he tells people that I went and confront of these people and escalated the situation. The only thing I did to escalate the situation is literally message his lazy self, And he told me to deal with it myself. He offered zero solution other than to intervene myself at 10:30 PM. 

I tried to tell this to the manager or whoever I was speaking to on the phone but they refuse to read our correspondence Airbnb Warn guests to stay on the website app for our own safety. Well I did stay on the app and I have proof that he told me to have a confrontation and literally basically told me to escalate the situation and again I refused to do either or because I was not about to put myself in a potentially dangerous situation in Oakland of all places which has been in the news on Airbnb for shootings, its not a safe location whatsoever where i was staying. 

PLEASE I BEG YOU, READ OUR CONVERSATION, the evidence to him lying about my behaviors is all there. Everything he claims I “did” I outright refused to do because I have a brain. The neighborhood is a lowerclass neighbor with graffiti and potentially gangs. NO CHANCE on earth id confront his rude neighbors. 

What’s even more disgusting is that the guy is a super host I can only imagine what he do to women in the situation I’m a grown man 33 years old almost 6 feet tall and I felt unsafe doing what he told me to do what he told some poor young lady to do that? You guys remember in Costa Rica win one of your guests got murdered?? I don’t know if you’re trying to have a repeat of that because of hosts that are supposed super hosts telling people to knock on peoples doors at 10:30 PM and get confronted with a potential gun. 

@Dale711  Listen what’s done is done the noise is done I had the worst experience from Airbnb and it was all thanks to your supposed super host. I don’t want money I don’t want promotions I don’t want a free stay I don’t want any of the stuff I want your host to be accountable for the way he treated me and then for the defamation and lies. I go above and beyond to be a good guest clean up after myself and leave the place as if I never was there. 

For him to lie and say that I caused a confrontation and I escalated the situation when all I did was message the lazy jerk. Literally all I did was message your host to tell him that his neighbors are making my experience the worst Airbnb experience I’ve ever had. Because I complain to him about his neighbors being some of the most rude despicable people I’ve ever had the pleasure of staying by in an Airbnb. He leaves a nasty review about me because he’s a narcissist and can’t take any criticism for his failures as a host.

I don’t understand how messaging a host is causing a confrontation or escalating the situation again read are correspondences I never had any sort of confrontation or escalated the situation with his neighbors I refuse to do so God knows his neighbors are some violent drug addicts they were up all night long do you know who stays up all night Long tweakers do. I wasn’t trying to have a confrontation with some tweakers because some host is too **bleep** lazy to do his job. Is that who you want working for you somebody who refuses to do the bare minimum? 

READ OUR CORRESPONDENCES AGAIN BECAUSE TWO OTHER PEOPLE REFUSED TO DO SO! In our correspondence you will see i outright deny and refuse to have any sort of confrontation that he encouraged i have! The man is a snake! The proof is in the correspondence, read the evidence.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Peter3455  I'll be honest, your review of him is slightly unhinged.  I can understand that you were upset that the neighbors upstairs were loud, but banging on the ceiling all night, as your host said, is rude and confrontational.  If you were really afraid of the neighborhood, I doubt  you would have done this, although the host should probably have contacted the neighbors on your behalf.  

It’s not rude and unhinged to kindly knock on the ceiling one time man they were literally being loud all night long stomping around moving things playing music. If your neighbors are being absolutely loud and inconsiderate to you think it’s rude to knock on the wall? I didn’t pound or do anything literally was just kindly trying to let them know how you’re being extremely loud. Again would the situation have happened if the host actuallt did his job? no it wouldn’t have if the host actually intervened I wouldn’t have to do this obvious thing that I don’t want to do like knocking on the wall. Nobody signs up to go to an Airbnb in is like yup I’m gonna battle the neighbors all night I’m gonna be angry I’m gonna leave a horrible review for the because the host is it gonna do his job. Literally all of this could’ve been avoided if he just intervened if he just did the simplest of his work. Pardon me if I sounded unhinged but I don’t want anybody to experience what I experienced. I got ripped off I wish I stayed at a motel. It’s absolutely ridiculous that you complain about a horrible experience through Airbnb but you as a guest is the one who’s at fault.