I need help..... can’t get through to AirBnB!

Simon2711
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I need help..... can’t get through to AirBnB!

I had a guest book my property at short notice on the 1st August. The guest checked-in on the date and I was awaiting payment from Airbnb but on the 4th August, I received a message from Airbnb saying they had cancelled the guest due to a security breach. 

Now when I was Able to view the property on the 5th August, no one was there but someone had slept there!! The guest was a verified guest by Airbnb and had passed ID check, Address Confirmation and photo. 

I called Airbnb and they advised me that this issue has been circulated to their trust team.  I feel that as a host we are due an explanation on what happens to my property and having to wait over 30 days is highly frustrating.  I think Airbnb put my property at risk and I feel they have a duty of care to me as a host! i have not received any payment for the days someone stayed in my property nor an explaination as to who the individual was and why they only cancelled it on 4th but not the 1st.

can someone help me please. I’m based in the UK  

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Not sure why Air BNB has trouble verifying payment immediately and certainly before the booking is made, but same day bookings do have a higher number of payment problems.  From the posts I have seen over the years, it would be unusual for you to be able to get payment.  Is this right...no, but you might consider not accepting same day bookings.  Just a thought.