I see we have new terms of service starting in April 2022. My question is how do I accept those terms of service. Thanks

I see we have new terms of service starting in April 2022. My question is how do I accept those terms of service. Thanks

JohnDevich
14 Replies 14
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@John6030  My notice says:

“The updated Terms will go into effect for existing users on April 22, 2022. Beginning on that date, you will need to agree to the updated Terms in order to book or manage reservations.”

So, I read this as the first time we use Airbnb services after April 22, we will probably be prompted to agree to the new terms of service.

Otherwise, I see no other prompt, checkbox, etc. that enables us to agree now.

@Stephanie Can you find out if this is correct? None of us wants to be booted out on April 22 because we failed to check a box. 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tag @Pat271 - let me go hunt this down!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  Thanks - I think I found more details on how we will accept the new Terms in the Q&A section here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2877/about-the-updates-to-our-terms?c=.pi80.pkdG9zL3RvczIwMjJfcm...

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@John6030 @Pat271 According to the Terms and Conditions you have basically accepted them by listing. The only way to reject them is to delete your listing/account. I think this is 'explained' in the email you will have got informing you of the updated terms.

@Mike-And-Jane0  Yes, there are several places in the Terms that mention that implicit acceptance for specific services, but the notice we got says this:

When you use Airbnb on or after that day, we’ll ask you to agree to the new Terms of Service and Payments Terms of Service, and your continued use of the Airbnb Platform from that day on will be subject to the new Privacy Policy.”

So, this implies there will be some sort of explicit acceptance requested. It’s confusing, to say the least.

I suspected this but how would I know for sure. Kinda lame if you ask me.

JohnDevich

I see Level 10. I was wondering how many levels we had. I am a proud level 1. LOL

JohnDevich

@John6030  The level depends on how much you have posted. There are 10 levels. It doesn’t take very long to get to Level 10, though.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Pat271 @Mike-And-Jane0  Where are you seeing this?  I don't see any messages?  What are the changes, does anyone know?

Read just a little of 90 pages and you tell me what the changes are. I downloaded it to 3 PDFs

JohnDevich
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mark116 I have lost the email - sorry. I am sure it said if you. don't want to follow the new terms then delete your account

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Mark116 Here is a synopsis of what changed. Nothing too earth-shattering. There also is a Q&A at the bottom that will answer your original question, @John6030 .

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2877/about-the-updates-to-our-terms?c=.pi80.pkdG9zL3RvczIwMjJfcm...

@Pat271  Yeah I found that, but it doesn't really tell you what the 'change' was, and the new TOS is also not written in a way to know what has changed.  It says there was a change to the arbitration part, for example, but nowhere can I find WHAT the change was.  Not too transparent, but no surprise there.

@Mark116  I agree with you. Doesn’t give me warm fuzzies - easy to slip in some “fine print” that we won’t know we are agreeing to.