I’ve never used this service and was declined my first request????

I’ve never used this service and was declined my first request????

I don’t know what this was based on. Can someone help me to understand, please? 

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julie4011 

Your Airbnb account is from 2018, there are no reviews, there is no personal information and ID is not verified. The profile picture shows a dog.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Julie4011 

@Emiel1is correct.  Why would a host who opens up their home, cottage, unique space, investment, to accept a booking inquiry from someone who has not taken the minimal time to present themself with etiquette.  I would  have a serious problem hosting based on a 4 year account and no reviews. 

That does make sense. I honestly didn't even remember I had an account. Found the place on Facebook. It's only about 20 miles from my home. I called them but they didn't return my call. Tried to book through Facebook and it led me here.  It was an auto decline I got from the site right after I entered my info. The pic is my dog. I don't even know how that picture got attached to my account. Thanks for the info

I also didn't know I was breaching any etiquette. I am not much of a traveler. I have no idea how this works and can't even find a way to update my profile. 

@Julie4011 You say you got an ‘auto decline’. Do you mean from Airbnb, not the host? Did you get any sort of message with that? Some booking attempts are blocked by Airbnb when certain factors are at play. If this was a local booking that could be part of it. Many hosts also just automatically reject bookings from locals.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/280/edit-your-account-settings