I want to bring up the issue of non responding host and instant booking

Manushi0
Level 1
Pune, IN

I want to bring up the issue of non responding host and instant booking

Dear team #Airbnb , This is the point where you need to rethink ur procedure for the situation where a booking is confirmed via instant book option and the host is not responding. You can not wait till the checkin time and then again give 1 more hour to host to reply.

I was stuck in this situation today where I instantly booked as it was urgent for Marsille, and it got confirmed but as i didnt get the response after waiting for 2 hrs i called customer care,but they had no option other than waiting ,then at the end the booking got cancelled  

11 pm in night with no place for me to stay, I got a suggestion from a customer care help me book a hotel, which was not in my budget, above that the compensation i was given was arround Rs 1400 that i can only redeem on my future booking of rs 12000

You really think that will anyway help me, can you really say that Booking place with #airbnb is reliable I dont want this to happen with any body else, Change ur policy to wait till the checkin time if host is not responding please help the client to cancel and book another

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Manushi0   You have posted your issue on a public host forum and have not reached Air BNB staff.  You have a good point but you might make your suggestion on Twitter.  I am a host but I am also a guest.  I would not count on Air BNB in the situation you describe in which you need a quick response.  Most hosts are not available 24/7 and unlike a hotel, are not able to respond within an hour.   There are some listings on Air BNB that are small hotels, so that might be possible but most are not.

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Manushi0 

I think most listings indicate the typical response times, nonetheless if you 'emergency' book at the last minute it is certainly prudent to message the host first to confirm before booking or ensure it is advertised  as self-check in.

I take same day instant bookings, but if i'm in the swimming pool  or in the cinema when a booking arrives needing a very urgent answer...it won't happen.

Probably you need to rethink your procedure too. A manned hotel desk is the solution here for you.