IS THIS NEW? Airbnb is directing guests to consider problems and offering cancelation with no discussion with a host

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

IS THIS NEW? Airbnb is directing guests to consider problems and offering cancelation with no discussion with a host

"---- COPY / PASTE ----"

This came up in another group. This is NOT a well-executed development by Airbnb. It is directing guests to consider problems and offering cancelation with no discussion with a host for resolution. It doesn't know what "perfect" means and therefore offers inappropriate solutions.
Is anyone familiar with this new "Airbnb Check-In Bot"? Is there any way for a host to disable the option? I haven't found it yet.

From another host:
"...I’ve stayed at a few Airbnbs this week and each time, after checkin, I’ve received a message from the bot. When I clicked that I needed help, another screen came up showing different issues. I have never experienced this before. I’m not a fan. I’d rather guests contact me than immediately contact Airbnb..."

abb1.jpgabb2.jpgabb3.jpg

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

it's a the Airbnb Spy-bot !

It is not satisfied before you at least address one issue (it does not believe you have no issues and just are happy with your stay).

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0 

Actually I did find myself in a situation where I would have appreciated this. It offers a safety com for single women. The more of those the better!

If it could lead to being transferred away from an uncomfortable even threatening situation. So for those reasons I support the bot.

I actually think most guests won't use it and I'm sure none of yours would!!!

@Mary996 

well, if this is designed for emergency situations ( I doubt but who knows...) then hosts should get the same feature. We and our properties can be in uncomfortable even threatening situations from our guests too.

@Branka-and-Silvia0  This seems like a feature designed for remote property managers with lots of listings and self-check-in. Unlike traditional hosts, these would be pretty happy to outsource the customer service interface to a bot.

If there were an actual emergency or safety issue, though, texting a robot would be a total waste of time.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Anonymous @Mary996 @Emiel1 

I found this post and screenshots on another site.

It seems like the author of this original post felt like ABB is looking for something our guests can complain about and leading/pushing them to complain and cancel if they want to. The author obviously thinks that in case of any complaints Airbnb would cancel the reservation without asking the host anything about it.

I didn't know what to think so I copy/pasted the entire post and screenshots to see what you think about it 

@Branka-and-Silvia0   I can see why the host had those concerns, but I can't tell whether the bot would actually complete the cancellation or patch the guest through to a human. 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Completely agree @Branka-and-Silvia0 

I am more concerned with lowest level of quality of customer support from that start of pandemic. I understand that the demand is growing. However airbnb got investments from IPO, they had to had enough people to supply demand of CS. The quality of support is really horrible, it was getting better day by day when the lady from Apple was hired first. But now it is really a no go. Just waited 1 hour for a guy who picked up the phone and told that he can not do anything. Literally this is what he told me, I can not do anything :))))) 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Horrendous @AZ-Housing0 ... Try the chat section. After the bot and a sign-poster someone will usually respond intelligently. Leave it open for a reply the next day typically x

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

I agree with @Anonymous  who has pointed out that this "bot" is suitable for remote hosts. However, I  think it breaks the communication between two people, the host if they are onsite and their guest, unless there is a communication issue between both parties. 

As a new host with my own cottage on the same property as the main residence I feel that this "bot" undermines my decisions and services that I have said I would provide. 

Yes, l do think that ths "bot" is a possible spy. Lastly, I  do think most of us as hosts who live on the premises are genuine and honest.