Ideas For Helping Ukrainian Hosts

Peter1
Host Advisory Board Alumni
SF, CA

Ideas For Helping Ukrainian Hosts

Today, I heard that some Superhosts are using their Airbnb credits to book Ukrainian listings to help out Hosts there so they can still get some income even though those Superhosts had no plans on visiting Ukraine.

In these desperate times for our fellow Hosts in Ukraine, what can we do to help out our fellow Hosts in that country?

21 Replies 21

I just booked a house in Ukraine, and the host has confirmed that banking continues to work OK. I paid out of pocket, as I have no vouchers available right now. I included a note letting the host know that I wouldn’t be staying at his place but just wanted to help him out as a fellow host, and this was his response, translated from Ukrainian:

John, thank you very much for your support and kind words! We really appreciate that you care about us! a lot of people in Ukraine were left without housing and livelihoods. to the great grief of many peaceful Ukrainians are no longer alive! 😭  We help them in any way we can! Thank you very much for your help! when the war is over, we will be very glad to see you! there are a lot of kind and good people in Ukraine and we have a very beautiful country. It hurts us so much that we have such grief at home right now! but everything will be fine! happiness, peace and health to your family!!! 

with love from Ukraine🙏🇺🇦💛💙

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

hi @Inna22 spend a voucher and ask the host. As long as they don't bank with a Russian bank then sanctions won't affect them. For me it was as much as letting some host in Kyiv know that there are people thinking of them as much as it was sending them the money.

@Mike-And-Jane0 I do t have any vouchers. I have been sending money and participating in other efforts. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Great to hear @Inna22  would you be able to help share word of the scheme on your local host groups.

Those without SH vouchers are spending a similar amount on making bookings. 

Peter1
Host Advisory Board Alumni
SF, CA

Amazing!  Just reported that Airbnb Hosts sent to Ukrainian Hosts nearly $2 million in 2 days.  So proud of this hosting community.

https://pix11.com/news/people-booking-airbnb-rentals-in-ukraine-raise-nearly-2m-in-2-days/

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such fantastic news and ideas @Peter1, thanks for starting this thread. It's truly heartwarming to see everyone coming together so quickly in trying times!

I'm happy to share as well that 15k Hosts globally have now signed up to help Ukraine, and that Airbnb.org has partnered up with the International Organization for Migration to support people fleeing the country. 

@Helen3 @Inna22 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Anonymous 🙂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Emilie Would be nice if we could see how many Hosts have now booked and what the current total is?  Please can you look into this?