Inconsiderate long term guest

Gordon-and-Lyn0
Level 2
Tauranga, New Zealand

Inconsiderate long term guest

Hi Hosts,

I have a long term guest who slams doors. He has been requested twice to consider our other guests and he has not even responded to our request in writing or changed his actions. Last night we firmly asked him again in writing to refrain from slamming doors, particularly after 10.00pm at night when others are already in bed.  He did respond this time with a threat to give us a bad review.

Is there some way I can avoid receiving this intended bad review, I am a super host.  if I do not review him when he leaves in a few days, does that mean his review will not be recorded on my listing?

Your thoughts please would be helpful.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gordon-and-Lyn0  All reviews are published regardless of whether both parties leave a review or not.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Gordon-and-Lyn0   Yes he will be able to review you no matter what you do at this point.  You could send a request to shorten the reservation or contact Airbnb to try and get a neutral cancellation.  It's difficult to change people's behavior, and as you see, many take any type of criticism extremely hard.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Gordon-and-Lyn0 If they make good on the bad review threat, you can have it removed. Hopefully the threat was made through the message stream. Please don’t shy away from writing a review to warn future hosts. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/13/reviews-for-stays

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2673/airbnbs-review-policy

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gordon-and-Lyn0  It's important for you to review this guest to warn other hosts of his behavior. 

And if he threatened to leave you a bad review in an Airbnb message, that is an unacceptable threat, and if he does leave a bad review, you may be able to get it removed. 

Screenshot the message exchange in case it disappears.