Incorrect today page information.

Answered!
Rob-And-Debbie1
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Incorrect today page information.

We are really frustrated with the 'Today' page of the hosting website. We have two listings and the page consistently displays incorrect information regarding number of guests staying arriving and leaving. If we paid attention to it we would constantly miss guests arriving and leaving. It really is frustrating and should be something so basic. It has been a problem for us since the Today page was introduced. Help is next to useless, they say we are aware of this and will raise it with the tech people but this has been going on for as long as the page has existed. Thank goodness the calendar page is accurate but really shouldn't something so basic have been fixed a long time ago? If you can't make the information it displays accurate get rid of the feature!

Rob  

1 Best Answer

Hi, I have been experiencing issues with the Today page for the last six months and reported it 3 times now only to have the last rep say that its working as designed, but having real issues with the design if all 3 of my current reservations are showing up in 3 different categories at 10pm tonight. 1 is shown as current, 1 is shown as arriving soon, and 1 is shown as checking out. the categories are of no value, in my opinion if it splits my current reservations into 3 categories. Is this working correctly for anyone ? Does anyone know the criteria that places pending reservations into the 4 categories ?

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Rob-And-Debbie1 , I'm sorry to hear about this. That sounds quite frustrating indeed!

It can be difficult to imagine what is wrong on the page without seeing it for yourself. Could you perhaps share some screenshots of what you're seeing and what you expected to see instead? Then we can see if this needs to be sent over or if we can find a quicker solution for you. 😃

Thanks!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Here's today page. Yes we are expecting *** to arrive today but the screen displays that we are Currently Hosting 0 when we are currently hosting Andrew in our other apartment. It's always like this. It actually has Andrew as checking out when he doesn't check out until tomorrow. Wy is something so basic always, and I mean always, wrong???????

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

It really isn't hard to imagine what is wrong with the today page. It consistently gives the wrong number of people we are hosting and also tells us a day early that we have people checking out. Not really that hard to understand. The numbers are wrong. What is difficult to imagine is how something so basic is always wrong.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

That is a bit strange @Rob-And-Debbie1 , thanks for posting the screenshot. In the screenshot it only shows the "Checking out" and "Currently hosting" that would be incorrect though in your post you mention the number of guests arriving is sometimes also wrong. With the guest above it shows correct but when it does show wrong, is that then also off by one day just like the "Checking out" and "Currently hosting" in your example?

I've removed your screenshot as it showed information about your guest, but don't worry - I've already sent what info you gave me so far over to the team so they can look into it. As soon as I have an update about this, I'll let you know.🙂

-----

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Rob-And-Debbie1 I've received several suggestions we can try:

1. Check your settings here and make sure the correct location and timezone are selected. Make sure the timezone is also the same as the one on your device, as it can happen that your device's timezone overrides the app.

2. Check your location information and make sure that's all correct here. ("Go to Profile")

3. Check and make sure your address is correct here.

If you've checked all that, you can try deleting your cookies and cache or if you're on the app try to delete and reinstall the app. If your "Today" page then still shows the wrong info, let me know!

-----

Hi, I have been experiencing issues with the Today page for the last six months and reported it 3 times now only to have the last rep say that its working as designed, but having real issues with the design if all 3 of my current reservations are showing up in 3 different categories at 10pm tonight. 1 is shown as current, 1 is shown as arriving soon, and 1 is shown as checking out. the categories are of no value, in my opinion if it splits my current reservations into 3 categories. Is this working correctly for anyone ? Does anyone know the criteria that places pending reservations into the 4 categories ?

Why do we get the same information on my wife's phone, my phone and also on our PC? It's a fundamental problem with the page.

This item is shown as resolved. Can this please be removed? The problem is very much unresolved and ongoing. We are still being presented totally inaccurate information on our Today page!

Rob-And-Debbie1
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Hi Chuck and Kathy, we share your frustration. We are being told it is our app now that is the problem and to reinstall. If this was the case why do we get the same incorrect information on our PC? There is a fundamental problem with the page, our initial interaction with the support line acknowledged this. The truly frustrating aspect is that if we followed the today page information we would be failing to welcome guests yet Airbnb refuse to do anything about  it. Very poor indeed.