Interesting ( different ) guests

Cheryl768
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Interesting ( different ) guests

I have had many interesting guests but also a couple of Different guests that I would like to share with the community.

One was a young man who had just completed a 10 day alcohol detox who needed some more time away from his home, he brought his dog, drank copious amounts of tea and sat on the sofa chatting for long periods of time.

The other was a couple of people with chronic mental health issues. They were very sweet and made me feel very looked after but were quite needy . One of the couple waited up one night to make sure I got home safely.  

I wonder if others have had similar experiences 🤔

2 Replies 2
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Cheryl768 I love it that you are a real 'Airbnb' and are renting rooms in your house. The images of 'Different guests' you present are total pictures of human interactions and the joy (or shock) we experience when meeting folk who's path would not normally cross our own. You have to be vulnerable, which requires a bravery some people will never understand.

As the years go by, this platform has become one which focusses on fancy hotel style accommodation and it attracts people who rent or buy houses to sublet and make a living as absentee landlords. They won't engage with your conversation because they never meet their guests, and all their questions are about "tax depreciations", "claim for damages", or "find me a cleaner".  

Without a doubt, your BnB is where most people would like to stay if they were in the area. Keep it real !

Cheers, Charles

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Cheryl768  As a fellow home-share host, some guests have shared with me why they decided they needed to get away for awhile, aside from just having a holiday. 

One guest said he was embroiled in a child custody battle with his ex and needed a quiet sanity break.

Some had just had painful break-ups with a partner. 

One guest's mother had just died a few weeks previous.

None of these guests behaved any differently from guests who are simply taking a holiday, but I'm glad they felt my place was a safe haven.