Introduction

Introduction

Greetings All,

We have just purchased a modest home in Cambridge Maryland with a fantastic Airbnb pool house.  We were able to jumble our way through the transition process and transfer two of the three bookings that the previous homeowners had taken.  There were some bumps in the road on that but we worked it out.  

We had our first guest the weekend that we were moving into the house - THAT WAS A LITTLE WHACKY!

Now we are working to make a few changes/upgrades and have not pushed hard on marketing while we are doing a bit of furniture and decor shifting. 

After that I want to push hard to get our information out there and secure bookings.  Our high season can be pushed until the end of November.

I come from an old school B&B background and I know that this is different in many ways.  I am wrapping my head around the differences in fluctuating tariffs - is that a yes or a no?  weekend minimum stays-yes or no?  higher weekend tariffs-yes or no?  

If our spot takes two guests comfortably but we would also welcome a family with young children how on earth do we share that option with guests??  

We've only just moved into the house on July 19th so there is MUCH that I don't know. 

It seems like there is no host group in all of Maryland- that seems odd. 

Where do we go for real life help and support other than 'airbnb' ??

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Catherine3665 

NNy one thought in  Hawaii we had children in the living room often Haha.  Make sure the parents can relax and watch tv or sit outside after a young child's bedtime.

In Hawaii we used what Amazon sells as Fold Up Futons even fits an adult. lol