Is searching by Categories bugged for anybody else? My listing is randomly not showing up in searches.

Carrick1
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

Is searching by Categories bugged for anybody else? My listing is randomly not showing up in searches.

So I've been looking at where I rank under the new design when searching for dates that are available on my calendar. Because I'm a Superhost with a large amount of reviews I generally show up pretty highly and that seems to be the case now as well. However, I noticed today when conducting searches that I simply don't show up at all in certain odd and arbitrary circumstances when the specific category I'm in (Amazing Pools) is selected. For example if I put in June 4th - 8th into an incognito search and select Amazing Pools, my listing won't show up at all. I do show up in the first page or two if you select "All Homes", though. Also, if I make a tiny adjustment to the map just so it knows I want to scan by the map instead, my listing shows up immediately. Oh, and if I change the date to check in on the 5th instead of the 4th, I also show up where I should. But if I adjust that search to check out on the 7th instead of the 8th, once again my listing completely disappears from the search results. To reiterate, I do show up for those dates if I search by all homes or by using the map feature so it's not an issue with minimum stay requirements or anything like that. I'm simply not being shown at all.

This same dynamic appears true with other dates as well. If you search my city between the 13th and 18th I show up on the first page under Amazing Pools. If you change those dates to the 15th until 22nd, my listing disappears until you try to scan the map or go to all homes.

I'm going to escalate this to Airbnb but in the meantime I would implore other hosts to make sure they are showing up correctly in the Categories feature for a variety of different available dates that guests might look to book. Would also like to bring this to the attention of @Sybe @Emilie @Stephanie in case they were not aware of this glitch. I assume other people are being affected by this as well.

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Carrick1 

Your lisiting is indeed assigned to one category: "amazing pools".

It shows up for June 4th - 8th under that category:

Emiel1_0-1653603433237.png

Also for June 15th-22th your listing shows up.

Please note you need to zoom in on the map when lisitng is not shown on intial zoom level

So it seems to me there is no issue.

Thanks for your prompt response @Emilie. I'm a little confused looking at the screenshot you posted because you put in "Anywhere" for those dates and it shows me as the only listing that came up. If I put in those parameters I get dozens of listings with completely different results. Am I missing something about how you conducted your search?

Secondly, I can assure you that I'm a pretty knowledgable and tech savvy host and am not mistaken on this. Something is wrong. I am doing a relatively generic search of Sarasota for a party of 3 for the dates in question. I do not show up under the Amazing Pools section for Jun 4-8 or June 15-22. I have tried on multiple devices, including a friend's phone.

That is what is happening!!! Shows ONLY a few!!

there is a glitch in the system 

@Carrick1  unfortunately Airbnb doesn’t want to recognize that there is a huge problem and it’s showing more and more in different areas.

i’m tech savvy host too and the way Airbnb treat you, it’s like you’re don’t have a clue.

I’ve been asking to escalate the issue, and Airbnb send Ambassadors answers … 3 times already… copy&paste all the answers.

Airbnb is hurting hosts around the world and the lack of information of Airbnb Customer Service is awful about this issue.

this is not the first glitch I’ve found out in Airbnb, but now they don’t want to do nothing about it.

we don’t want to end in Court, we want to be fixed.

Donald290
Level 2
Bayview, TX

Still hoping for a WATERFRONT category.  They have BEACH and LAKEFRONT, but many properties do not fit into that category.  We are on GALVESTON BAY—WATERFRONT.  Many other properties are waterfront as in river, canal, etc.  I do hope Airbnb will address this issue.  My property is usually reserved all of June/July—only have one reservation for each month.  

Hi Donald

i’ve been complaining to Airbnb about the categories for a couple months my occupancy went from 97% to next month 0%

i’ve addressed the issue and they say it’s nothing they can do

5C5DBA85-9E3B-48CA-AB1E-8064836E068F.pngthey dont want to take responsibility that is a glitch and they are hurting our business 

I’ve been complaining about the new CATEGORIES because Beaches and Beachfront shows the same but only BEACH FRONTplaces..  rentals have decreased 80% and our places doesn’t show in search 

Look at the attached pictures 

24CEA798-0932-42F9-8873-B127FF7116A1.png

Hello, I have the same problem... My place only appears when chosing "all homes"  and I have no new reservations...