Is there a problem with IT security at Airbnb?

Marie7058
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Is there a problem with IT security at Airbnb?

People I have no connection to and no knowledge of have had access to me listing and account. I was not notified by Airbnb that these transaction was taking place. I have 3 questions to Airbnb IT security:

Why is there a message to William at my message board?

Why did Airbnb payout to a foreign bank account when there was no rent income at my account?

How could a person named Brandon McKee add a bank account to my listing?

Why did I not get any notification that another bank account or credit card was added to my listing?

Please se the photos attached.

I hope I can get an answer from Airbnb. 

Best regards

Mariemessage board with comment.jpgjoe-message.jpgpayouts from Airbnb with comment.jpg

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marie7058 

it is very weird.

This person (seems to) have spent the Christmas days (2018)  in you accommodation, the payout  is transferred to another bankaccount, and  1499,- Euro has been sent for damage.

But is in 2018, why did you notice it now in 2021 ?

Or it is a technical glitch or the account is abused for ??

@Emiel1 

I didn't notice before now, because I was not active on Airbnb for several years. This year in July I rented my summerhouse out for a week. Afterwards I didn't get the rent transferred. I wrote to ask Airbnb why, and was told I owed Airbnb money because there was this transfer in dollars to someone called Brandon from my account. I tried to find out what had happened, and then I found out about this message to a person (which seemed to be a person in Turkey) at my message board in my Airbnb account. And that a bank account had been added in December 2018. But I never got any warning or notifications from Airbnb when it happened, I think it must be a technical error in the Airbnb system. I worry about the safety, if I should decide to use Airbnb again, which obviously depends on if we get this sorted out.

Br Mariejoe-message.jpgmessage board with comment.jpgpayouts from Airbnb with comment.jpg