Is this a scam?

Is this a scam?

Is the following message a scam?

If yes, how do they scam you?

Is also this violating rules of AirBnb?

I receive many messages of that kind and always ignore them.

Thank you in advance!

"I am a manager who helps employees in the company,
namely, I find them housing in other countries
for business trips.
We provide reporting to our superiors,
that the apartment / house was booked on Airbnb.
But my colleagues do not live there to save this vacation money,
but they find either cheaper housing or remain
friends and acquaintances.
It happens that in general sometimes they don’t go anywhere.
In fact, we make reservations for accommodation and in fact no one lives there, which will allow you to rent it
at other sites.
In compensation for such assistance, we provide you with 20% of the reservation amount.
(reservation amount -% Airbnb) / 100 * 20"

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Of course it's a scam. Report them on airbnb.

Please don't ignore them @Konstantinos26 

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Konstantinos 

I came here to check on scams as I recently received a similar message, someone intending to book for 27 days but not actually staying, saying their company would be paying for their stay as business expenses. No mention of doing it outside of the platform at all but then he said they would be “sharing the fee”. This would obviously sound very attractive to someone with no bookings on the horizon, I’ve no idea why but since November bookings have been going down at an alarming rate and after last week I have no bookings whatsoever. Nevertheless I just thought that when something sounds too good to be true it probably is so after my initial response asking for more details I never went any further. I was left with an uneasy feeling and thought I should probably earn other hosts but unsure of how to do it or even if should as there’s no breach of the platform terms and conditions do far. Wondering what you did now and if you have any advice after your experience.

Cheers

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please report this scam to Airbnb @Pilar1 

In terms of London bookings, as you are probably aware, the airbnb market in london is massively over-saturated for STRs, we are in the low season here and we have Brexit.

I would suggest you diversify the platforms you are listing on and look at how you can use your own marketing channels to get direct bookings.