It wont let me edit the photos on my listing.

Abigail3
Level 4
Winchester, United Kingdom

It wont let me edit the photos on my listing.

I've been a superhost for many years and have often edited my site. I know EXACTLY how to delete and add photos, change captions and change the order of photos. Now suddenly no matter how many times I click "delete" or "save" nothing changes and when I complain in an email I just get some weird error code. Absolutely MAD with frustration. Also WHY is everything in American Dollars when I change it to English pounds over and OVER again? I even recently got a Superhost bonus - you guessed it - in Dollars. GGgggrrrr! Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks!

14 Replies 14
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You sound like you don't need this basic advice, @Abigail3 , but have you tried clearing your cache? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Abigail3  Hosts have been reporting multiple ongoing glitches- it's like their whole tech department went on vacation after screwing up the platform. Hosts unable to log-in, unable to edit their listings, unable to change anything on their calendar, not receiving notifications, messages disappearing, etc. etc.

Unless it's urgent, I'd suggest you postpone updating your photos until hopefully they address all these bugs, rather than seething with frustration. 

Abigail3
Level 4

Thank you so much Sarah977 - it's a relief to know its not me and there are much more serious problems. I shall take your advise. How awful for hosts - what on earth is the Airbnb tech department doing - they need to get their act together fast!!!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Abigail3  Do send a bug feedback report, though. The more of these they get the better, otherwise when a host contacts them about  glitch, they just act like it's something specific to your account, rather than system-wide glitches.

Abigail3
Level 4

Yes, absolutely I have!

Mita127
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

I have the same issue. I’ve sent Airbnb feedback, it must be a bug as I’ve tried different browser apps to edit photos and nothing is being saved! 

Abigail3
Level 4

Sorry to hear that Mita127. Although I'm glad its not just us! Bloody annoying!

Mita127
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

Seems like there's another thread about this issue, so we are not alone! 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Help-I-can-not-delete-photos/m-p/25024#M6496

Moyer0
Level 2
Hershey, PA

I had the same issue.

It was maddening. 

My phone app worked for all of it in the end. So until it's fixed on the desk platform you may want to try the mobile app. 

Mita127
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

It seems to be working today 😀

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, 

I'm so sorry to hear you're getting issues editing the photos on your listings. 

@Mita127 glad to hear it's working for you again.

@Abigail3 are you able to give it another go today and let me know if you're still getting the issue?

Abigail3
Level 4

Hi Katie , thank you for getting in touch. I have re tried to edit my listing on my laptop and it seems to be working fine now thank goodness however when I try to send a message in answer to yours it just says "An unexpected error has occurred" and my message doesn't go through.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Abigail3

No problem 😊

Ok great, glad the original issue is fixed. In terms of this message, the CC runs on a different platform so it could be that if you're getting an issue here, it's either just a glitch or it might be something local to your device perhaps.

It looks like the reply has come through fine now, so I'd say keep an eye on it and if you keep getting it then please send me a screenshot and I can get the team to check it for you.

Abigail3
Level 4

Kate, one more thing that I know lots of people are having problems with too - no matter. how many times I click on "UK Pounds" whenever I go on Airbnb UK everything comes up in US Dollars. I know Airbnb is an American company but they don't rule the world!!! It is very frustrating when I'm looking at the site as a guest OR a host - why does it ignore you when you set it to UK currency??