Licensing Capacity in South Bruce Peninsula and Sauble (Adults/Children) and Airbnb Search Engine

Jon279
Level 2
New Hamburg, Canada

Licensing Capacity in South Bruce Peninsula and Sauble (Adults/Children) and Airbnb Search Engine

This conversation may be occurring elsewhere but with the title I am trying to narrow down the geography a bit.

To the best of my understanding, when South Bruce Peninsula initiated the licensing process, they limited the total number of guests to 2 adults plus 1 related child under 12, per interior bedroom. Bunkies and beds in common spaces do not count - nor does placing two bunkbeds in the same room. Therefor my 2 bedroom cottage has a capacity of 4 adults plus 2 children and my 3 bedroom cottage is 6 adults plus 3 children. No problem.

Until we are dealing with AIrbnb's search engine.

Based on my understanding when I list my capacity, I list it at 6 but now I am encountering problems specifically with guests who wish to Instant Book and put in 5-6 adults. They are not reading the description where I explain the 4 adults/2 children capacity and they do not look at the photo of my license that I post. They repeatedly ask me to violate the bylaws which I refuse to do.

So, other than Airbnb changing its ridiculously stupid search engine, do you folks have any suggestions?

Jon Krys
1 Reply 1
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Jon279 

Did you look to see see if your area had a local hits club that could help you with your issue.
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Discussions-locales/ct-p/en_clubs
Good luck in your research

Annie