Listing not showing in map search - I have to scroll into a 3 block radius to see my lsiting

Mallory74
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Listing not showing in map search - I have to scroll into a 3 block radius to see my lsiting

I have noticed a significant drop-off in reservations since the summer rollout so I decided to do some research.  I was in travel mode and noticed my listing doesn't show up on the Map unless I zoom in to almost the exact location - all the criteria are met in the search settings but yet I have to zoom in to find my Airbnb! Why is this now happening? 

My listing should show up in the map area! It's ridiculous that someone would have to scroll to a 3 block radius to see my listing.

Also, I am a super host, and have 77 ratings (4.95) and I'm not sure how to fix this. 

Anyone have any success?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mallory74 

You can not fix this, it is the result of the new summer release of the platform, as already discussed in other threads. Some reasons are (there are more): the amount of results shown has been increased and the search area has been widened.

It has happened to us also. Our property does not even show up unless you know exactly where to look and zoom in. Airbnb feels they cannot fix this when I ask about this problem.

Reelin In Sunsets
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mallory74 

Ditto. One of my listings is currently showing high in search results and the other two much lower. No idea why. 

However, when I look on map view, especially searching any of the categories that the listings are included in, I have to zoom in over my terrace (block) and sometimes right over my house, to see them. No guest is ever going to do that, obviously.

No wonder I am hardly getting any views or bookings. They are apparently working on fixing glitches with the Summer Release, but I have no idea if this is one of them.