Looking for a place that allows filming (uk)

Looking for a place that allows filming (uk)

I'm making a short drama film very soon and I'm looking for locations including a living room and a bathroom that I can film in for a couple of hours - two actors. (The project is about 10 minutes). Preferably looking for somewhere in the midlands area. Also seeking a restaurant with outdoor seating and a club.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Zhane6 

What sort of film is it and is it not easy to find a location just using a friends place? Am I missing something?

We are near Derby by the way.

Hi Mike and Jane,

It's a drama short. I'm looking for a location that differs from my previous projects - a flat rather than a house, preferably something with a bit character. I've exhausted all other options - including your suggestion. But if I don't find somewhere suitable on Airbnb, that's my plan.

Thanks.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to use a listing for filming you will need to book it as a film hire with appropriate insurance, contract etc @Zhane6 

If it's just a bathroom and living area why not use your own or one of the other students on the course.

For a restaurant or club you could go to a location finder.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While it seems logical that you would think Air BNB llisting is a good place to search for your filming needs, I believe any commercial use of the listing outside of providing sleeping accommodations may be against the terms of service of this platform.  Perhaps a Craigs list approach would be more appropriate.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

We're not big into Craigs list in the UK @Linda108 ! The equivalent for us would probably be Gumtree.  A little TIL for you 🙂

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines