MGTOW | AIRBNB in Aberdeen Washington | Host stole $137 from me

Joshua574
Level 2
Hemet, CA

MGTOW | AIRBNB in Aberdeen Washington | Host stole $137 from me

The airbnb host ** that i'm with now and i've been with for the past 6 months has decided not to report her payments from me to airbnb. She's been blackmailing me by forcing me to pay $137 for a broken plastic door in the mini refrigerator that she put in the room. The door was already broken and then she blackmailed me into paying for it or else i have to leave. The problem for me is that i have nowhere else to go that's as cheap as this. She's letting me live in a tent in the backyard and i've been back here for about 4 months. I also paid her over $500 ( i have a receipt with her signiture) for the room.  She told me she doesn't want to report to airbnb. Now she's telling me she won't give me the refrigerator that i paid for and trying to force me into a corner. I've already paid her over $2000 under the table and the rest is through airbnb. She's been a horrible person to me and i can't take it anymore. I have to tell someone about it. I have video proof, receipts and images of my tent in the backyard. Please keep this confidential for now, i don't want to get kicked out. But this is horrible airbnb service. The host i've been with has been horrible. I've only been stuck here because of COVID-19 has destroyed my business. I had to borrow money from all sorts of friends and family just to pay for this. I have nowhere to go. I can't let her know i'm reporting to you. I have nowhere else to go. I can't let her know i'm reporting to you. I have nowhere else to go. I've got no money left. i've had to pay her everything. COVID-19 slowed my business down and i'm stuck. I've got all the evidence in my airbnb inbox. I lost over $200 in food because she refuses to give me a refrigerator. All of my food has rotted and went bad because i've had to live out of ice chest because of this woman. I need some help here. I've already reported her to airbnb. #mgtow #airbnb

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

16 Replies 16
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, 

Thank you all for your participation. 

After reading this thread, I have noticed that some comments on this discussion have become rather personal and does not benefit the community nor is it in line with our guidelines. 

I feel that this will not improve and, therefore, I will now close this thread. 

@Joshua574 if arrangements with the host have been made off-platform, then please refer to this article https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/209/why-should-i-pay-and-communicate-through-airbnb-directly

Paying and communicating through Airbnb helps ensure that you're protected under our Terms of ServicePayments Terms of Service, cancellation and refund policies, Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance program and other safeguards

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen