Manual or self-cleaning oven

Cindy1197
Level 2
Guysville, OH

Manual or self-cleaning oven

We're just building a few Airbnb cabins are are picking out appliances. Would you recommend self-cleaning or manual clean ovens?  Thanks so much for any feedback! 

4 Replies 4
Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Cindy1197,

I have a GE self cleaning oven, and IMO, it takes too long to clean the oven, and gives off a funny smell.  I find it to be more convenient, faster and less odoriferous to use an oven clean spray and manually clean the over.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Thanks so much!  That's the way I'm leaning for the same reasons. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Cindy1197   Purchase ovens that can be cleaned by an exuberant house cleaner armed with oven cleaner and a steel wool pad.  Self cleaning ovens are wonderful in our own homes, but take too long and smell too icky to be in a rental property with a short turnover window.  

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Cindy1197  no oven is the best. Guests who stay for 2 weeks or less really don't need it and it will make your life and cleaning between groups much faster and easier. I have an oven in one of my Airbnbs but disconnected it before my first guest. in 6 years of hosting only one couple said it's a pity the oven doesn't work but they stayed for a full month. Nobody else cared.