Military Travel Ban

Lyndsey23
Level 1
Toledo, OH

Military Travel Ban

Hello!! I am currently active duty military and have a trip planned for the end of May. Since I am in the military, I am not allowed to travel due to the extended Military Travel Ban. What should I expect when it comes to refunds? If it were not for the extended travel ban for the military, I would still be going but this choice is out of my hands. 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lyndsey23  You can contact Airbnb and ask them how to proceed- you should be able to submit the ban documentation and hopefully get refunded. But also talk to your host- if you'd still want to make that trip when things open up, the host may be willing to apply whatever you aren't eligible to be refunded to a future booking. Hosts are seriously hurting right now because they have lost all their income. If you can be flexible about accepting a future stay in lieu of a full refund, that will give the host a bit to survive on, and you'll have less $ to have to come up with on a postponed trip.

Also read the info on the Airbnb site for guests regarding COVID cancellations- there are specific booking and check-in dates that are eligible to be refunded 100% and some that fall outside that.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Hi @Lyndsey23 , Thank you for your service!  I think @Sarah977 nailed it, there are a few options, hopefully one of them will pan out for you, JR