Missing daughter in Toorak Rd. South Yarra air bnb

Ruby136
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Missing daughter in Toorak Rd. South Yarra air bnb

My daughter who is only 17 years old went missing last Monday  6th of July 2020. Her address destination in her uber was 3/210 Toorak Rd. South Yarra. According to a friend she went to an air bnb with another friend who she only met online. The only detail I got was, the guy's number was  **. He sound much older than my daughter. My daughter blocked my mobile number along the rest of the family. The guys number goes straight to vm. Is there any chance of any air bnb host which got a booking with that number or this number**. The police are already involved. Please please help. Any information would be appreciated

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

4 Replies 4
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

So sorry to hear this @Ruby136 

I'm not aware of users from that area, or Melbourne generally on this forum...

Have you been on the Airbnb booking site & searched homes in South Yarra? Each listing has a google map, maybe you could send an 'inquiry' to every host in S. Yarra? You can locate the uber address on google maps & see if any matches, but one assumes the police will have done this...

Hope it all works out.....

@Ruby136  Very troubling situation, I hope you're able to locate her quickly.

The Airbnb search allows you to input a specific address, and it shows you the active listings in the vicinity. In the interest of hosts' privacy, it doesn't put all of them in their specific location on the map, so it's possible that a flat on Toorak Road will show up  a block or two away from there on the map. I notice that most of the Airbnb's around South Yarra station are Entire Home properties, which means it's possible the hosts have had no direct contact with your daughter. But if you can track down a host with a listing at that address (which appears to be a non-residential storefront space), they might be willing to find a pretext to enter the property and check on things. 

If you have access to the Uber account, it should also display the name and license number of the driver; that would make it pretty easy for the police to contact him or her to ask about the ride and obtain any surveillance materials available from it.

The phone numbers you've posted will probably be deleted by moderators because it's against the rules to put personal contact information here on a public forum. It's very unlikely that a specific host is going to see your posting here anyway, so you'll have to rely on more direct investigative means.  If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest also calling +61 2 8520 3333 to reach Airbnb's Australian customer care line. They probably aren't authorized to give you info about the host, but they will cooperate with police in an emergency. (I only know this from another occasion when a forum contributor in Sydney had an emergency that required police to be sent to her home based on a troubling posting).

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nick @Liv @Stephanie @Quincy  (would also tag Lizzie but know she is on a well deserved break) please can you assist @Ruby136 . thanks 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ruby136, so sorry to hear about this. I have passed this on to the team! 

Thanks for the tag @Yadira22!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen