My reservation was cancelled!

My reservation was cancelled!

I have a reservation in less than two weeks and obviously fully paid for and the host just emailed a cancellation notice for no reason.  The email stated I was going to be refunded in 3-5 days.  This is so upsetting as I have this whole trip planned already.  I have a special needs child and elderly parents joining me and I may now have to cancel this trip as the hotel rates have skyrocketed.  This has really upset me.  

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Delores21 

A host can cancel a reservation, but will receive serious penalties from Airbnb.

So hosts do not cancel easily, although at least providing some more information to the guests would be decent.

You can try to contact Airbnb and maybe they are willing to give some support in finding another accommodation.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's horrid when this happens and, as you might imagine, it's the No. 1 nemesis for Airbnb, @Delores21. As @Emiel1 says, cancelations aren't taken lightly, and I hope your host gave a legitimate reason for biffing you. Good luck finding a suitable property and hopefully you can all get together as planned.