NIGHTMARE GUESTS

Dorina3
Level 2
New York, NY

NIGHTMARE GUESTS

For all hosts out there ,watch for a guy** .

His a crook who's going to get in your house and terrorize you .

He requested my place 2 times ,forgetting he did it already ,and tried to make me approve a stay over a month.In Ny ,this its suicide ,because our laws are horrible and you basically can't make him leave after that even though he doesn't pay .

Court wait for eviction its 7 months or more, time when you are  terrorized in your own house WITHOUT PAY.

Politely I told him my max rent its 27 days and then he started.Name calling,racist slurs,ofending words on my behalf, etc 

Clearly I reported him to AIRBNB ,but since I'm white ,nobody took the time even to respond to me. No matter I'm a superhost ,with almost 400 , 5 star reviews.

Since the only identification we have for this crooks ,its a first name and a city, i feel like I had a duty to my fellows hosts, who worked hard to buy a home and try to pay it to the banks, to post his name here on this forum.

God bless you all and good luck! 

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

6 Replies 6

@Dorina3  People of every color are having trouble getting through to customer support these days. But do I understand correctly that this was a declined booking, rather than someone who has actually been in your house?  If so, I can see that Airbnb might not be treating the case as an emergency.

You can block contact from someone who you feel is harassing you:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

But you can't publicly name guests and accuse them of crimes on this forum.

Im sorry, but I was  harassed ,I'm not sure why its that an issue here ?I have proof of the conversations that I sent and airbnb has on file.

So ,to understand clearly, i have zero rights as a woman even if if this incident happened ?

and its documented?why are you offended if I may ask SIR?

IF THIS FORUM  IS OFENDED BC I WAS HARRASSED AS A HOST,I WILL GO PUBLIC ON MEDIA ,because racism its still racism even if a white woman its the victim SIR.

AND WHO ARE YOU BY THE WAY ? TO TELL ME MY RIGHTS IN USA?

I advise you mind your own laws in Germany ,but I will never be a victim of racism SIR.

GET THAT RIGHT SIR.

@Dorina3  I am originally from the United States, MADAM.  But I'm referring to the content policy of the Community Center, which is set by Airbnb and not by US law. We're not allowed to put anyone private identifying information on here. 

Once again, if you follow the procedure I linked to above to block and report the user, they should no longer be able to contact you on the Airbnb platform. Someone might review the account to determine if his messages violated the rules, but Airbnb doesn't usually disclose to one member what action they've taken on another member's account. 

If you've been physically threatened by this person, you should go to the police. But it's not categorically a crime to say rude or offensive things to someone, even if you believe them to be racist.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Dorina3  No one getting back to you from CS has zero to do with being a white woman. If you take the time to read through a few pages of posts here you will find a litany of complaints about hosts' experiences with bad customer service. From hosts of every race, gender, etc. 

There are nasty people out there in world and hosts of all genders and colors sometimes receive harrassing messages from these types. Just block the sender and use the report button to say the user is harrassing you.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Oh my Goodness. Thank you so much for this caution. I am very sorry and concerned to hear about  this bully.

If he had stayed with you you would have been able to name him and to give a clear Review but thank goodness you didn't take him in. I wish there was a pre-booking warning system, Perhaps someone will devise one.... Lets put out that wish. Thanks for trying to notify us. I hope you are OK? Many blessings to you. Am glad you are keeping safe and looking out for others thats great good karma.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

How do I report a message or block someone on Airbnb?

To report a message from someone or block any future communication from them:

1. Go to your Inbox and click the conversation with the person you want to block
  2. Click the flag icon next to the message to report a user
  3. You must select They're being offensive to block a user and follow the next few questions with the appropriate options
  4. Describe the reason for blocking
  5. Click Submit, then Block this person and OK

If you block someone, they won’t be able to send you messages, use Instant Book for your listings, send you a reservation request, or accept a reservation request from you.

Did you get the help you needed?
Yes
No