NOT to Host Again Button The end result?

William362
Level 2
St Augustine, FL

NOT to Host Again Button The end result?

What is the end result of pressing the NOT To Host Again Button?  

1) Blocks bookings

2) Blocks only instant bookings.

3) Informs other host?

4) None of the above. 

5) Something else. Please explain. 

6) something only a programmer only knows.

4 Replies 4
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

As far as I know: option 2.

William362
Level 2
St Augustine, FL

That's what I thought as I had a bad guest that wanted to book the following year and enquired about trouble not being able to instant book. As asked I told her in a polite way I don't know why.  It kind of puts you in a weird predicament . Like blocking your dates 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Well, the "not-to-host-again" option prevents the guest from IB on ANY listing. He simply does not see the IB option any more – nowhere. So I wonder why the guest is asking just you – it could be any other host, or it could be that you just inactivated the IB option for your listing (as we do during the pandemic).

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@William362  I think, and this may be wrong, but I think that "not host again" plus under 3 in every category blocks the guest from seeing your listing in search. The "not host again" only prevents IB. So yes, it does make for awkward conversations if its not a match. I had one lady like this. Never in a million years do I want her back but she loved the space and wanted to return. I just said "Oh I am sorry. We loved having you but will not be able to host you again as there was a lot of extra clean up and my cleaning crew isn't equipped for it." She never responded after that.