Need help with refunding guest

Answered!
Randall69
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Need help with refunding guest

The heating system in my home isn't keeping up with the sub zero temps.  I reached out to my upcoming guest and let them know and they decided to make other accomodations. . . . I have a strict cancellation policy but i am trying to refund them the full amount.  

They are trying to cancel the reservation on their side so I am not penalized.  It's been a few hours.  Reservation still says confirmed.  I can't cancel because of penalties.  I just want to take care of my customer.  I told them if I have to I will paypal or venmo them their refund.  This is ridiculous.  A company this size should have a person I can talk to. 

Randall

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – in line with the Community Center Guidelines

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Randall69  There are people you can talk to. There is a large pinned post on the first page of this hosting forum, "Contact Airbnb" that lists phone numbers, etc. You shouldn't be penalized for cancelling this reservation- ask Airbnb to cancel it under the "extenuating circumstances" policy, which this should qualify for. The guest shouldn't have to cancel, and in fact, doesn't appear to be doing so, and you shouldn't refund yourself, as the guest could end up cancelling and applying for a full refund, given the circumstances, and you'd be out the $ twice.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Randall69  There are people you can talk to. There is a large pinned post on the first page of this hosting forum, "Contact Airbnb" that lists phone numbers, etc. You shouldn't be penalized for cancelling this reservation- ask Airbnb to cancel it under the "extenuating circumstances" policy, which this should qualify for. The guest shouldn't have to cancel, and in fact, doesn't appear to be doing so, and you shouldn't refund yourself, as the guest could end up cancelling and applying for a full refund, given the circumstances, and you'd be out the $ twice.