Negative reviews and refund

Tamorah0
Level 2
Lynn, MA

Negative reviews and refund

We rented out a listing in Jamaica. We messaged the lady about their not being any contains at the windows in the upstairs bathroom, the tv showing no signal when we turn it on, the windows not being properly closed, and needing the wifi password. She said she would fix those issues right away, said she would send someone over in the morning, texted her in the morning I'm like what time is he coming she responded by saying she'll let me know, never heard back from her, texted her the next morning she's like he went twice yesterday, he can probably come tomorrow what time you available, I texted back and was like you didn't tell us when he was coming, it would be bested to set up a time. She was supposed to reach out to him but she never responded back, then i'm texting her asking when he's coming no response.

One day construction workers showed up outside started working on the new drive for the house (knew it was for the house because my mom asked), I messaged her instantly told her that they were there, we still have no curtains, then asked her if she wanted we to pay someone to come fix these issues. The property manger popper up like always, no one knew he was coming he just popped up while we were there, he came to fix the tv, he managed to fix 1 out of the 4, asked flow (cable company) to come fix the rest, they fixed 3 out of the 4, my nephew had is game so he didn't want the cable to be fixed on his tv. I believe around 11pm that night we saw a cockroach, I texted her I said that "concerning I'm in Jamaica bugs are to be expected but a cockroach i'm in disbelief", this lady said that she "never had any bugs at her house and it may have came through someone's shoes or personal belonging, she'll have the property manger come tomorrow." I then began to tell her since moving to the U.S, I've never seen an ant much less a cockroach so how would it come from someone's personal belongings, then told her to set up an appointment with us, he can't just show up and expected someone to be here that's a waste of time. He never showed up and she stoped replying to us mind you we leave 01/07/22 and this was 12/30/21 going into the next day. I had his number so I called him through whatsapp he didn't answer no call back, then I sen him a message  no reply. I messaged her almost everyday, I got upset cause this wasn't going anywhere so I messaged airbnb support on 01/03/22 told them what was happening, they said they would connect me to someone to better assist me, 01/04/22 no response so I texted them and was like we not fixing problems now, mind you I only wanted the issues to be fixed. On 01/06/22 I messaged someone from airbnb because even if I'm checking out tomorrow I wanted them curtains to be put up, I explained the problems, they said to make a claim and get evidence of everything, I've never had any of these issues happen to me to when they said make a claim I was confused so then they explained what that was. The day we were supposed to checked out no one came, so we left the key in the house, while we were leaving the construction worker came up to us and asked for the key said that the property manger told him to get it, I even messaged her about where we left the key

I ended up filing a claim about what happened , the inside not matching the photos, us parking near the rocks because the parking spot we were promised were filled up by other people that lived at the house, the missing jewelry and other stuff of ours.

Stuff that we were supposed to get along with the apartment

We didn't get a balcony

No extra pillows and blankets

No soap

toilet paper

We got a 4 tv but what cable

No first aid kit

No work space

No blender

No cleaning products

No shower gel

She also mentioned bed lines, we got a mattress topper and a comforter for each bed.

We had seen bugs the first day, we saw ants and lizards, as I said I expected to see that being that were in Jamaica and located near a forrest. This lady said at her property in her years of renting she has never seen any bugs, this is a lie because if you look up at the roof top they have mad bee hives and wasp nest. I've seen small cockroach and big ones. And why I believe someone stole from us is because when we woke up one day the curtains and the rods we inside of the house, no one had let in the property manger how did they get there. The apartment above us one of the rooms connected to the master bedroom we were staying in. We never got robbed at Jamaica, other than Christmas no one was at the apartment other than us so where the stuff at.

I made my review, she asked airbnb to have my review be removed. They messaged me saying that it went against their policy because I mentioned that it was disgusting 5 times in my review (which it was cause I have photos and video) and that I mentioned the location (I said the apartment is located in a forest type of area) they said that's why they had to remove it. Mind you she mentioned this in her listing, she mentioned the name of the estate, has photos of the forrest in her thing.

In the claim she also said I stole 7 towels, I spent almost 3,000 on this house but I can't buy towels at Walmart, they weren't even new why would I take them. She's also upset that we didn't mop the place before I left when she charged us a cleaning fee.

This lady has a five star review rating for what, all positive reviews.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tamorah0 

I am confused about the reviews, assuming they are about the listing you describe ?

Your review :

The overall place was really nice, she checked on us while we were there which was nice. The apartment was nice, the location was close to everything. I liked that their was someone on the property to let you in.

From the host:

Tamorah is a wonderful guest. She communicates well and observes house rules. Would host again.

That's not from the listing I'm talking about, I got covid do I had to get someplace else. They didn't even put up my review, they sent me a message saying that it violated their policy because I said disgusting and it's located in a forest type location.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Tamorah0  That sounds like a bad situation, but I would tell you, it's the same for hosts or guests, when the person you are dealing with can't be relied on, you should cut your losses.  You should have given the host a deadline for getting the stuff fixed or you would cancel.  Once you had been jerked around for 1-2 days, it's obvious she doesn't really care.  I don't know what you can do about getting the review put back, as I can't see what  you wrote.  You could ask them to let you write another review to warn other guests?

I never had a bad experience using airbnb, reaching out to them was the only way I knew how to fix the problem, they weren't any help with fixing the problem. The person that messaged me said that I can't make another review, so I called them they said that if they review my case and the decision is in my favor the review might go back up. I'm not gonna hold my breath because everything seems to be going in her favor so I'm gonna hold my breath, I'm gonna talk to someone else about me possibly writing another review because no one else should experience that.

If you wanna see my review I can put it up for you