New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

157 Replies 157
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tamara927what an impressive start! Congratulations! 😊

Please keep us updated on the progress of your request to change categories to Luxe.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Ashok67
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

Hello

Yes, this is a great time to being a host. It is an upward learning curve, but the rewards are wonderful! I look forwards to learning and sharing with the community.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ashok67, we're thrilled to welcome you to our community! 👋

How has your hosting journey been progressing? Are there any specific questions you would like to ask our seasoned hosts?

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Fariba19
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi Rebecca, 

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am new to hosting on Airbnb, and like others, I would love to have my calendar fully booked. I’m learning step by step, and I welcome your suggestions.

kind regards, 

Farebaa

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Fariba19, welcome to Airbnb and the Community Center!

In our community, you are going to find many tools that will furnish you with exceptional insights for your hosting journey. I invite you to delve into our Guides section, where you will  informative articles wrote by our seasoned Hosts.

I hope this is helpful.

-----

정석0
Level 1
Jeju-si, South Korea

좋은 커뮤니티 카페에 초대해 주셔서 감사합니다.꾸준한 호스팅을 원하지만 요즘은 우리나라 여건상 그리많은 게스트를 초대하지 못하고 있어서 걱정입니다.

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the welcome message. It was nice to join the community of experience hosts.

I hope I can leverage on your experience and expertise to improve on my hosting experience too.

I will like you guys to have a look at my listing and critique or suggest new ideas to attract guests to the property.

It's being a wonderful experience so far, met with good people and some not respecting the property, I know that's part of the business. how do you deal with guest that defy the house rule, damage items and disrespect your property.

Lastly, how do you avoid potential guest that comes to do party in the property without disclosing same during booking, which is clearly against the house rule.

Many thanks,

Babatunde

Aude1927
Level 2
Jacob-Bellecombette, France

Bonjour Rébecca,

Merci beaucoup pour votre message de bienvenue. 

J'ai hâte de progresser encore dans l'accueil de mes voyageurs en mettant en place ma propre conciergerie après 6 ans d'expérience en tant que hôte.

Au plaisir d'échanger avec les membres de la communauté

Aude